Coming back from the Dead

It's been nearly a year since I last logged on and posted anything here on Mibba. A lot of things have happened in the outerworld since I went on an unexpected hiatus. Essentially, what I'm doing right now is trying to get as clean a slate as possible.

Back in September/October of last year I started the fourth installment of my annual Halloween story contest (Monster Mash), and I neglected it and those who participated for months. I still haven't got around to judging, and I feel terrible. Suffice to say, there probably won't be anymore Monster Mashes.

For the past year, I've been dealing with a lot of grief, a lot of stress, and a lot of growing up. My grandfather died last Christmas, my dog unexpectedly died this past April, and my cat died this past July. I've been stressing over school, trying to pay for school, and having to defer a semester because of it.

Last spring I admitted that I had been dealing with depression for about two years, and have been overcoming that hill. I've also been doing some growing up emotionally. I know that in the past I've come off as arrogant, overbearing, and even like a jerk on the forums and journals. I'm working on being less about Me and more about Us, I say as I use the word 'I' excessively.

My goal is to keep writing and posting, and trying to be a part of this community again. I've missed it. I've missed you. Things have kept moving here since I left, so I'm flailing a bit when I get back on the board. Anyway, I hope to be a better userfriend and to see you around. :)
September 1st, 2013 at 11:34pm