So, I went and saw Pink last night...

So, I went and saw Pink last night in Sydney. I'd never been to a show of hers before... actually, she is the first "pop" concert I have ever been to (I'm a Punk and Metal girl at heart) but it was seriously incredible!

My bestie (Quizzical Miss) and I made an impulsive decision to go to the show last Friday when we saw that there was a release of tickets for her Sunday or Monday show. They weren't "great" seats but we had originally wanted to go see her on this tour, but due to unforeseen circumstances in my financial situation, we hadn't been able to get tickets. The good seating and G.A was $150 and second best seating was still $110... but the tickets that were released on Friday were only $50, so we decided we had to go.

I'd purchased her album, Truth About Love, when it first came out and I really like it. There isn't one song on there that I don't love, it's all extremely well written and if you can't relate to at least one of the songs... there must be something wrong with you! (jokes! haha) My favourites off that album have to be:

True Love
Because it sums up a relationship perfectly. Well, my relationship with my boyfriend, Rob, at least. It's not always easy, it's not always fun... and I do want to wrap my hands around his neck at times... but I love him to death. Just hopefully never literally. Hahaha.

Just Give Me a Reason
Two main reasons: the music (piano in particular) are so beautiful and has this sad over tone that really makes you feel what Pink and Nate Ruess are singing. And because it's incredibly inspirational to me when it comes to writing. Love it.

Walk Of Shame
This song is amusing... and easily relatable if you've ever had a one night stand you didn't feel quite so proud of the next day. Haha. Title says it all, really. Haha.

Run
This song is so sweet. It seems to me that she wrote it for her daughter and it seriously makes me cry every time I really listen to it. Probably doesn't help that I imagine doing the Daddy/Daughter dance at my wedding to it... hahaha.

I could keep going on about the rest of the songs, but I'll hold myself back and leave it at that. Haha.

So, back to the concert... haha

As I said earlier, it was seriously incredible. The acrobatics her and her dancers do is just mind blowing... the way the male dancers just throw her around like a rag doll, but make it look graceful and so fluid is just awesome. My favourite part of the night was when she gets into this spherical cage and starts climbing all over it, while it's suspended at least 25 feet above the stage. Then at one point she's in the centre of the cage with two other female dancers and it starts to raise off the ground, then the three male dancers (who had incredible bodies, I might just add..) grabbed onto the cage and start climbing up it while it's being hoisted into the air. They looked like monkeys, they did it so damn effortlessly and not one of them--including Pink--had a safety harness on which just made it all the more impressive.

And I was impressed with the way she really acknowledges and incorporates her entire band. It's not just the "pink show", she makes it about them too... which I really respect. There's nothing worse than an artist performing in front of the band and just basically ignoring the fact that without them, they wouldn't sound half as good as they do.

Overall, it really was an excellent show and I'd happily go again. Haha. Hell, even my boyfriend wishes he had have gone... if for no other reason than to perv on her. Which is fine, coz the woman is hella sexy! Haha.

I strongly suggest that if you haven't heard the album before, that you head over to youtube and give it a listen :)
September 3rd, 2013 at 02:36pm