"Trigger" Stories

What I want to know is why people write “trigger” stories. Recently, I was going through the Pierce the Veil stories on here and I saw that several had warnings about “triggers”. I read one about Tony cutting himself and then saw several other ones of the rest of the band doing the same thing. Now, we all know Vic Fuentes had some trouble with it. I’m not entirely sure because I have yet to see pictures or see interviews. But… I seriously want to know why people write something that is very… sensitive.

Is it to help them?

But how can writing about your favorite band member cutting help? Haven’t all of them say it’s bad? And… is it bad to write about it?

I just seriously want to hear from people who write them. I really want to know why they write it. Like, I write about BDSM because I’m interested in it. I’m not here to judge. Whatever floats their boat, but I want to know if it’s helping them deal with it.

In my eyes I don’t see how it helps, but if it does, then good! I struggled with cutting. Recent events led me to almost relapse, but with my roommate who is also a former cutter, I didn’t. It’s been two years since the razor has touched my flesh. What helped decrease my cutting was writing. It truly did. I found a way to be distracted enough.

So once again, this isn’t to point fingers. I’m truly curious as to why people write “trigger” stories.
September 26th, 2013 at 08:41am