Wedding, a new baby, and a new job. Updates soon.

So for the last week, I've been running my ass off to make sure that everything was perfect for my brother's wedding. Being a bridesmaid has it's downfalls, such as taking up all of my free time, but the wedding went flawlessly last night. We all welcomed my new sister into our family with open arms. She made the official announcement last night (I've know for weeks) that her and my brother are expecting their first child together. They did it the cutest way possible. During the wedding toasts, they asked my brother's almost three year old son (from a previous relationship) if he had anything to say. He stood on my brother's lap and announced to the 300 guest that he is going to be a big brother in May. So, double congratulations to Steven and Shelby for their rapidly growing family.

Image
A picture of my nephew, Jace, watching his daddy and "his Shelby" during their first dance

On a side note, my sister, Heather, her girlfriend, Rachael, and my nephew, Connor, came into town. Okay, so I drove 4 hours as soon as the rehearsal dinner way over to get them, then the 4 hours back, leaving me with less than 3 hours of sleep before the wedding but it was well worth it. Their car had broken down and had it been the other way around, I would have been crushed if I didn't get to see my brother get married. Though the entire family will be doing this all over again in 13 months for me.

I do start a new job to day. I'm joining Madi at working at Amazon, though we are on different shifts. I'll be working Sunday - Wednesday 6pm to 4:30 am for the next few weeks, then it'll stretch to 12 hours shifts (getting off at 6:30) and a few weeks after that I'll be working the same 12 hours on Thursday. This will effect updates, but I should be able to fall back into the rhythm of things fairly quickly. Infected will be updated no later than Thursday morning. Sorry for any inconvenience.
September 29th, 2013 at 11:11pm