Do You Believe that Destiny is Unpreventable?

A little bit about me incase you don't know.

I love acting. I have since I was 15 and due to living in a small town the only place I have been able to act is in the plays my drama class did, for class. I want to be an actress. That's what I want to do in my life, I want to be on tv and movies, not theatre.

I thought I wouldn't get a chance to further my education in the Dramatic arts the way I wanted to, most colleges in Ontario only offer theatre classes. Then I found this program at Niagra College, it offered an acting in film and tv course. It seemed pretty good and i met most of the requirements. Except one, it was a competitive course that was heavy on acting experience, and my in class plays did not count.

I thought I wasn't going to get a chance to go into acting. Then, about a month ago, I found out about the Vancouver Academy of Dramatic Arts (VADA). I looked all around their site, at their program, I swear to god I have looked all over that site for every bit of knowledge that I can find out about how to get into that school. I've even emailed the people asking questions about it.

Reasons I Know I Can Get Into This School:
- It's based more on drive and passion than actual experience. (Though I joined the drama club this year I'd still rather it be based on my passion)
- I can write the short essay on why I want to be an actress as well as go to this school, get some savings put together to pay the tuition, as well as maybe do some scholarship, and if absolute need be I can take out a student loan.
- I can meet the deadline of march 14th for application.

Reasons That Are holding me back:
- You need a written letter of parental consent if you are under the age of 19.
- I would need to move out to vancouver
- my friend who I was planning to move out to vancouver with is no longer sure about schooling in vancouver because there isn't an apartment we can find that is a good distance from our respective schools.

I just don't know? Maybe I'm not meant to be an actress? But I refuse to take that just lying down. Marianas Trench had to work hard and keep sending out demo CDs for TEN years before they were signed by a label. I just have to work hard and try my best I guess?
October 2nd, 2013 at 12:27am