Sucide Silence to carry on with Eddie

This is really just a ramble on how I feel about the members of Suicide Silence picking a new front man Eddie Hermida from All Shall Perish.

I am very glad and excited that Suicide Silence will continue on and make more music, I'm really glad that out of everyone they chose Eddie. I just don't think a year is long enough for me to move on and accept that Mitch is really gone. Eddie's joining with the band was announced about 3 days ago-ish, I just heard about it today and already being in a icky kind of mood I just cried. I want to be happy. SS is not going to disband that is such a good thing but....Mitch. I can't believe he's really gone. I forget sometimes and when I remember it's a like a stab to the chest with a dull knife. It may seem silly or weird for me feel this way but I really don't care, this is how I feel and that's that.

If you want to read the article that I read about Eddie joining the band you can click on THIS LINK and check it out. Thanks Metal Hammer for posting that. Also on that page is a link for an unveiled short recording of new track You Only Live Once, which I haven't listened to yet because for some reason the link is blocked on my computer but I bet it's amazing.

I think I feel a little better after typing this all out. Like I don't feel that I am falling apart from the seems and my tears are spilling all over the place. I think that's a good thing. Anyway, I welcome Eddie Hermida to Suicide Silence! You are an amazing addition to the family.

EDIT: I just listened to the song clip and wow...
It's different, and I'm glad for that in a way but at the same time it's not Mitch. Which I just realized I need to accept. Eddie isn't Mitch therefore they wont sound the same. The You Only Live Once Eddie version is pretty good though. I can actually kind of understand the words without having to look up the lyrics. Way to go Eddie! :)
October 8th, 2013 at 11:01pm