Clothes shopping is mentally exhausting, and emotionally painful.

First off, I'm 4'11" with a 30D (34") bust, 26" waist, and 36" hips, live in a small town, and don't know anyone with a working sewing machine. If that doesn't give you an idea of why shopping is mentally and emotionally stressful, allow me to elaborate.

I've tried nearly every store in town to find anything that fits me correctly, and doesn't look frumpy, or just plain unflattering. Very difficult work.

My pants are always too tight in the hips and waist, and too long in the legs (and yes, I've tried the petites section.) The sleeves of shirts, jackets, and coats are always too long if they are meant to only stay at the wrist of a normal person. Along with that, nowhere in town has a 30D bra. I've resorted to wearing the closest available size (34B), and Holy Moses, is it uncomfortable!

The only chain I know of that sells 30D bras is Victoria's Secret, but they cost more than I can afford to pay right now, and we don't even have a store. As for everything else, I'm out of luck.

Sometimes, it gets so frustrating, and makes me feel so freakish and Hobbit-like that I go cry in the bathroom at the store.

La Sirenita es muy triste.

At least they have plenty of size 6 shoes for my Cinderella feet.

Any articles of clothing you just can't find, for whatever reason?
October 11th, 2013 at 02:31pm