About Jace and Rory: Character Concepts and Names

I recieved a message saying that I had stolen characters/ names from a user who has only recently restarted his activity on this website. He had a story about a year ago that I really loved called "My Paper Heart" and the two main characters (named Jace and Rory) kinda became my... OTP, if you will. That's when I had the idea for "Metanoia" originally (The concept for "Metanoia is much older than the concept for "The Rules." I'd just never gotten around to writing it until a few months ago because of the morally questionable content). I asked him permission to use the names and/or characters and he told me that he was uncomfortable with me using the exact characters, so I ran my versions by him and got the go-ahead.

In "My Paper Heart," Jace and Rory are two college-age men who are rooming together and Jace is a promiscuous man, which frustrates Rory who is an, if you will, artsy nerd who's got a flush crush on Jace and from what I remember, a dark past or something.

In my version, Jace *started* as a promiscuous man, but I've eliminated that. He was a medical student while he was dating Rory's older sister and later became Rory's in-home caretaker. And then a bartender to further support them. Rory, on the other hand is a mentally unstable teen with an infatuation with Jace.

*Spoiler Alert* Infatuations pass.
October 11th, 2013 at 11:15pm