My brothers' surgery went okay/I kinda sorta wanna write a vampire story

So yesterday (Thursday), my older brother had surgery to fix the bones in his face. From what the surgeon says, he thinks he [my brother] was hit in the face with a bat. He said that if my brother was pounded on by someone's fists, the pieces that were broken would have been bigger and they would have moved around, along with the fact that there would have been more bruising. But instead of that, the bones were shattered like glass, so that means my brother was hit with something, and from what the surgeon believes, it was a baseball bat. But my brother came through the surgery just fine, so that's good. His jaw is wired shut, and will have to stay that way for 4-6 weeks. They put some titanium plates in his cheeks and eyebrows, as well as a metal wire in the bridge of his nose to reshape it for when they do another surgery.

Anyway, aside from all of that, they're talking about releasing him on Monday. They're currently working on waking him up, and that's a little tricky since when he does wake up, he's agitated and in a lot of pain.

So for some reason I got this random urge to write a vampire story. I even want to do the stereotypical arranged marriage to a vampire, just to see if I can write it in a way that's not a bloody mess and not make the reader cringe from the awful Mary Sue/Gary Stu-ness. It could seriously be a challenge, I bet. Maybe I'll work on it in my downtime this month in between planning my novel for NaNo.

Am I being a little ambitious, here?
October 12th, 2013 at 06:23am