Interview with Zacky Vengeance;

Me and my friend Sara have started to do interviews with all you lovely Mibbians out there. To decide who we will interview, we've asked you to recommend users that you like, or maybe a friend of yours. If you want to recommend a user, or a few, that we could interview you can click here or here. In those two blogs you can read everything about "how to recommend a user" and everything about our interviews in general. You can also check who we already have interviewed, so you don't recommend someone we've already interviewed :)

In this interview I talked to the lovely Zacky Vengeance;

NOTE: We have some Mibba related questions and some personal ones. The people we interview aren't forced to answer all the questions!

Mibba related:
When did you start on Mibba?
I started on Mibba almost two years ago now, I think. It was a long time, but I loved it like hell, so I decided to stay here for as long as I have. It doesn't seem to have been so long, but still, it's amazing.

What is your primary genre to write?
Crime. I love to incorporate elements of drama and romance into it, but writing crime is probably my most primary one. I read a lot of crime novels, usually that are laced with elements of other genres and I love them so much, so that transpires into my own writing.

What is your favorite thing about Mibba?
My favourite thing about Mibba, and I know it sounds kind of crazy, but it's the personality of every story. Like, especially with the layouts and everything, it breathes life into it. On other writing sites you don't get to do that, but on here you can get every aspect of your creativity on show, and it's a beautiful thing! I'm not sure why it's my favourite thing, but I get all excited when I see the most wonderful layouts on here.

What is your inspiration for your stories?
It's a mix of things that kind of pop into my head and things that I see. For example, most things normally have a knock on effect- so I'll think of something and then my mind will go off on it's own and suddenly find an idea. Just today, I was thinking about a couple of my stories and my mind just threw something new at me, it was crazy. But it's a really exciting process at the same time.

Who is your favorite author on Mibba?
It's extremely hard to pick a favourite author because I have so many! But I would say, if I had to pick just one, I'd go with the wonderful Brian Haner Jr. Her work is what inspired me to start writing my own slash fan-fics, as well as driving me forward to develop in my writing and become a better storyteller. Not only that, but I seriously consider her to be my mentor when it comes to these kinds of things- not only is incredibly talented and always willing to help me come up with/work out story ideas, but she's one of the most wonderful people I know and has always been a loyal, caring and amazing friend to me. Also, she's like the mama cat of our little group- I'm proud to be a cub!

Do you make your banners and layouts yourself?
I make all of my layouts myself, however, seeing as I have yet to master the skill of making good banners that have more than one picture to them, I usually ask around to see if anyone will help me out. If I need something a little more complex, I'll have a chat to some of my friends and ask them if they'll make something for me, and usually they do. I always try to credit them on the story page- their hard work deserves recognition!

Is there anything you'd like to change or add to Mibba?
I think a Chat function, or something where you can send the same message to multiple people and have one big conversation would be amazing- especially, as I've learned, for people doing group stories. It can be extremely difficult to communicate with more than one other person without people getting lost, so I think that would be perfect for Mibba!

Personal questions:
How old are you?
I'm 16.

Do you have any pets?
I have a lot of fish. Seriously. I'm not a huge animal person, I don't like cats and dogs freak the shit out of me (but I'm working on that)!

Where's your favorite place to visit, or what place do you want to visit?
The place I want to visit most is California, more specifically Orange County. And that's only directly corrolated to the fact that my favorite band come from there. Compared to England, it looks like a freaking paradise, so I'd really love to go there and check out what's hanging in SoCal.

What is your favorite Tv-show/movie?
WHY MUST I CHOOSE? How I Met Your Mother, hands down. The amount of tears I have shed over that show is ridiculous.

What is your favorite band/artist?
Avenged Sevenfold. This is probably general knowledge by now.

What is your favorite food?
Steak. It sounds so bad, but I love it so much. Either that or cherries- they are so yummy!

What is your favorite color?
PURPLE. Because, to quote Brian Haner, it's the best fucking colour that there is.

What is your favorite animal?
Hmmm...penguins probably. The way they waddle is adorable.

What is the meaning of your username?
Well, in A7X the guitarist is called Zacky Vengeance, and he is my favourite member (rhythm guitarists have gotta stick together!) so yes. In order to trick people into thinking I'm the real ZV, I chose that as my username!

Thank you so much for doing this interview with us!
October 13th, 2013 at 07:57pm