EVERYONE SHUT UP ABOUT MIBBA FAME OK

Seriously, it's quite annoying. If you're sitting here saying "Why can't I be Mibba famous? >:C" but not doing anything to change your unpopular status on the site, then it's pointless to be complaining. In my eyes, people gain Mibba 'fame' by being very active in all aspects of the site meaning that they post in the forums often, the partake in reading/commenting/reccing stories and poems, blogging, and even have positions on the staff to help the site.

I you rarely comment on stories, go to the threads every now-and-then, and ask yourself "Why don't I have more readers?" then you should really evaluate how long you've been on the site and how active you are.

I admit that I used to complain about not getting enough reads, but I also analyzed why I wasn't getting enough reads and I even talked about the fact that fanfictions get you a lot more readers than original fiction (which is what I write).

Your "Mibba fame" also depends on how long you've been on the site. You can't expect to recc and comment on a few stories and post on a few forums and then BAM instant popularity and you are a Mibba God (or Goddess, if you are a female). I've been on Mibba for a little over two years now; my activity has fluctuated between very and not-quite; and I update often but leave stories behind a LOT. My average amount of readers right now is 25.5 for all of my 14 posted stories (My most famous is Perfect World with 20 subs which actually isn't all that good it was just reviewed in the magazine a couple months ago).

I've been on the staff, I was a writer for the magazine, but I've since disbanded from that because sometimes I'm too busy to sit down and research and write an article.

But yes, take my word for it, if you want readers so badly, then become more active. If you're just writing for the fame or whatever, then switch genres. Have fun.
October 18th, 2013 at 09:16pm