What Music Are You Addicted To? Here's my songs on repeat right now...

Music is the air I breathe, so when I find something new to get into, I'm pretty happy about it. I don't judge a song by it's genre, I listen to all sorts of different stuff. It all depends on the song. If I like the song, I listen to it.

Here's my current playlist:

1. "Raise the Dead" by Rachel Rabin.

This one ties into my what I'm watching playlist, as I found it thanks to the CW show "The Originals". If I didn't watch that show, I wouldn't know this song existed. Say what you want about the CW, but I've found many new songs/artists to listen to thanks to their episode playlists. I'm in LOVE with this song. And there's just something about morally twisted ancient vampires...

2.]/b] "Let Me Go" by Avril Lavigne, featuring her husband Chad Kroeger of Nickelback.

This song is just so beautiful, and the video is amazing. I just love it. It's about breakups leading to finding new love. And they're just so darn cute together...

3. "Torn" by Natalie Imbruglia

Yes, this is an old song. I blame my story "S.O.S." for this one. I was doing a bit of research, looking back into what was popular in '97, because I like to stay accurate to what was around in whatever time I'm writing in, so I looked up top hits of '97 and such, and found Torn on there. Now, I loved this song back in the 90s, so it's found it's way onto my playlist because I've been working on updates for S.O.S.

4. "Die, Die My Darling", Metallica's cover of the Mistfits' song.

Lol... Also found this thanks to my lovely little domestic horror story. I happen to love Metallica, and this song is just... Yeah. I love it.

5. "Crystallize" by Lindsay Stirling.

Lindsay Stirling is a violinist who was on America's Got Talent. I never watched the show, but here's a little bit about me: In 2010, I moved from Wisconsin to California. And recently I was missing my family, well, my mother is a violinist, and when I came across Lindsay Stirling who dances while she plays violin, she reminded me of my Mom. And the song is just beautiful. It's strictly music, but if you enjoy classically inspired dubstep... Well... Dubstep Violin is definitely interesting. Also, she did a "Dracula" video (for the upcoming TV show) for her track "Elements".

6.Devil's Dance by Metallica

Did I mention I love Metallica? I just love the groove based sound. Devil's Dance is another "S.O.S." playlist track. I've also got "The Unforgiven" and the "The Unforvigen 2" on my current playlist. What can I say? Metallica rocks.

7. "Stars Dance" by Selena Gomez

Yes, I listen to pop music. I love Selena, she's pretty and I love this song. It's on my "Apple for the Teacher" playlist.

7. "I Wouldn't Mind" by He Is We

When my hubby asked me to marry him, this was the song that came to my mind. So yeah, I've listened to it a lot in the months since we decided to run off to the county clerks office and get hitched. It's a beautiful song.

8. "M.I.N.E. (End This Way)" by Five Finger Death Punch.

Love this song. Also, "Wrong Side of Heaven", "Anywhere but Here (Feat. Maria Brink)" and "Burn MF". I had the pleasure of seeing these guys live in September, and it was hilarious how they had a bunch of little kids come on stage, and one of them help them sing, during Burn MF... They were really great live.

Anyway, that's just a small taste of my musical preferences. Current listening list, etc. I'm sure some of you read my "Top 25" blog from a few months back and already know my tastes are quite varied. So what are we listening to? And would you like me to blog the playlists that go with my stories? Talk to me people! I've got 35 minutes till the next episode of "Witches of East End"!!
October 21st, 2013 at 03:25am