Thor: The Dark World Review

Thor: The Dark World is one hell of an emotional roller-coaster.

You laugh, you cry, you get angry, you get scared, you cry, you rejoice then you worry and then you cry some more….

But that’s what it makes it so enjoyable. Thor 2 is filled with surprises and plot twists you don’t see coming but are so hanging off you sit waiting for where it goes, especially the last scene before the ‘glossy credits’ (cliff-hanger!). The visual effects and the cinematography is breathtaking, especially Asgard and how it looks along with the dungeons enabling them both an otherworldly richness.

Although granted there were some points in the story I found myself being a bit confused, with some segments leaving a lot of things unanswered. These points of the movie will probably be picked at by critics, especially with some of the minor and major plot holes that come to mind as I write this.

All the cast members play their parts well. Chris Hemsworth plays Thor with such charisma and strength you’ll wonder if he is actually Thor and Chris is just is cover story. Natile Portman’s Jane is heroic in the richest form and Anthony Hawkins’s Odin, while he takes a somewhat backseat in this movie, he’s still plays his part well by playing a torn and injured king.

But of course, last but definitely not least is Tom Hiddleston’s Loki. Loki gets all the best lines in the film that are hit out with sarcasm and the right amount of heartbreak (there’s about three in particular that I’ve listed after the review that will make Loki fans cry). Like Tom has been saying in interviews for the film, Loki really does walk a tightrope of redemption and damnation. Because this Loki really is more conflicted than we've ever seen him in the Marvel Movie Cinematic Universe. For the short amount of time that Loki’s on, you won’t be able to take your eyes off him.

So my fellow Hiddlestoners pack tissues because you will cry, A LOT.

All I say is get ready to strap yourself in Marvel fans. Because Thor: The Dark World is one hell of a ride. And like most good roller-coasters, I’m definitely jumping on for another go.

Best Scene: Loki and Thor walking down the hall teasing one another (I was in fits of giggles)

My Top 3 Tissues required Scenes with Loki:

“I am Loki of…” (I’m still crying over those two seconds)
“I didn’t do it …” (Shippers and Non-shippers of Thorki will be crying)
“…Have you come to gloat?” (What follows on after this…)
November 1st, 2013 at 01:23am