I got a new noodle, today! { That's a snake, jsyk. }

Image

Fun story about him! I got him at a show in Tracy, today. He and his (what I'm assuming to be) clutch-mate were both $600, and there was another booth across the way selling another piebald for $600. To me, these three were the only interesting ball pythons for sale in the whole show, tbh, save for a $2000 Eightball. She was gorgeous. Hellishly pricey, though. There was also an enchi lesser bee for a good price, but he was looking kind of lethargic and maybe even a little sickly... The same vendor was selling a very pretty female lesser bee, but she was missing an eye... so. Yeah. Didn't really trust that breeder.

Anyway, since the single pied across the way was smaller and had less white in his pattern, I figured I'd offer on him first. Waited like half-an-hour for this guy to contact his boss and ask if $450 was an okay price, only to get a no. Which wasn't so surprising. I mean, it was an absolutely ridiculous offer, backed only by the fact that I'm related to one of the people hosting the show, so I should get some sort of discount just by having her there with me.

So, I moved on to the two other piebalds, confident yet hopeless all at once, considering these pieds were more high-end. However, the breeder is one of the nicest men in the world; didn't even bat an eye, just smiled and accepted the offer right away, acknowledging that it was an under-offer and that he just wanted to be nice and let me have the snake.

I mean, honestly, I think this little boy was worth more than even the original $600.

I'm so happy I got him, that was such a nice thing for that vendor to do... ;____;

Plus, this little fella's in shed. According to the vendor, this is him looking "ugly" right now. Imagine how beautiful he'll be once he sheds in the next few days! Ahhh, I'm in love.
November 3rd, 2013 at 05:21am