Expecting the Worst, Never Disappoints Part II

You know what really grinds my gears? Those little kids, especially girls, that wear eighties band shirts. They really make me losing faith in humanity.
A couple of day ago I was sitting on a bench, watching people wearing Jesus shoes in Autumn, when a girl with a Guns N’ Roses T-shirt came to sit next to me. She was talking about music with her blonde friend. I didn’t overhear the conversation completely because I’m simply not interested in what they have to say. But the blonde friend asked her what kind of music she liked. The really die-hard Slash-fan literally said: ‘Oh, I really like rock music. One Direction has some pretty good songs.’ And bam. That sentence wanted me to commit suicide right there on that bench.
If this is the generation which has to rule the world in a couple of years, I’d better move to Bora Bora and bury myself in the sand to never come out again.
I really wanted to ask the girl if she could tell me her three favourite Guns N’ Roses songs, but then I realised I’d have some more suicidal thoughts. Luckily for me, my friends arrived right on time so I could not rip out the 13 year old girl’s extensions because of my frustration. I really hope that there are still kids who know that “Floyd” isn’t Pink’s last name.
November 5th, 2013 at 05:36pm