Confession time: I'm definitely going to hell and people are going to hate me for what I did.

You know how things always work out the opposite of what you wanted? When I broke up with my ex-boyfriend I told my self that I wouldn't jump too fast into dating again since I just got out of a 2 and a half year relationship. It worked out fine until I got introduced to a new circle of friends that happen to be mostly guys. I told my friends that I wanted to be single, befriend A LOT of guys and maybe flirt with them and basically have fun. They were all super supportive of it, even happy that I chose to do that.

One of the guys in this new circle started to take interest in me and I said 'why not?' since the whole thing of me being single and mingling is to make new friends and flirt harmlessly here and there. Then after a while he started to like me and taking me out to lunch and all that stuff.

To be honest, I was taking advantage of him a little bit. He would drop me off and pick me up from campus or take me out to get food when I'm too lazy to go by myself without even asking him directly. He is an amazing guy, to be frank, we both share the same interests and we both connect on a lot of things but I just don't see him as more than friends, and I don't think I'll ever do.

His best friend, on the other hand, is the type of guy that I always fall for. The jerk, the flirt, the asshole, he is the epitome of the "bad boy" label. Since I'm single, I was openly flirting with him and not to my surprise, he took it and did something about it.

So this one night, the three of us were at Nice Guy's house playing xbox and having beer and pizza. Around 2 AM I decided to call it a night and go home, The Jerk, surprisingly offered to drive me home and of course I gladly accept. We talked and played 20 questions the entire car ride home and one thing led to another, we made out in his car. He asked to take it 'to the next level' and since I live in a joined apartment, we went to his place.

Yes, we slept together.

But the thing is, I didn't feel bad or regret what happened because I wanted it. I felt bad for Nice Guy because I knew if he finds out he's going to be crushed and hate both of us with passion. But to be fair, I did tell him that I wasn't looking for anything serious, so... That's supposed to change things right? The Jerk ended up feeling so guilty that he actually stopped talking to me for an entire week until I confronted him and told him that it was nothing personal and it was only physical.

I couldn't tell anyone about this because my best friends actually hates The Jerk and they're Team Nice Guy.

Doing what I did, does that make me a terrible person?
November 15th, 2013 at 04:57pm