Happy New Year!

Happy New Year, Mibbians! 2013 was a very exciting year. It was my first year being a part of Mibba (I started in January so yeah it’s been a year), I graduated high school, started college, found my amazing boyfriend, and many more things happened! I’m pretty sure many others had a fantastic year as well. But while New Years is a time of remembering the good times of the long gone year, it is also a time of planning ahead for the next one. Many people call this “New Year’s Resolutions”, goals for a person to improve themselves in one way or another. Often, people forget their goal in a short amount of time. Others are more successful. I think this is the first time I’m actually going to take this thing seriously. Personally, I feel like I have a lot to improve on for myself especially now that I’m really growing up. So I will like to share with some of my goals for the New Year on and off Mibba. And I would love to hear yours as well!

Outside of Mibba
I have a lot of personal improvements I want to make for myself in a few ways. First, there are the classic resolutions like “more exercise” and “less procrastination in schoolwork” that very few people endeavor to continue for long before laziness slips back in. But I’m serious. I am a collegiate athlete (Division III but hey it’s still collegiate and intense). I participate in cross country and indoor and outdoor track. Although we have the month off I still need to try to stay in shape and improve myself especially in weight lifting and core exercises and stuff like that. Regarding schoolwork I really want to have a stress free semester (doesn’t everyone?) and to do that I have to stay on top of my work and studying. So later on I can also goof around with my friends and have me time.

I also hate being a nuisance to people, especially my boyfriend who has his own troubles to worry about. When I’m stressed out I rant and freak out and that stresses everyone else out and they’re all like “chill, dude”. So I’m going to try to do that less as well. And overall, I just want to stay myself. Lately—I’ve come to realize—I haven’t really been acting like my usual self. I have been subconsciously acting somewhat differently to try to impress people and usually I’m not that type of person. I’m being what people want when I am someone who doesn’t like to go with the flow and be kinda different. That’s why I have the friends I do (and why some people hate me. Their problem) and I really lost sight of who I was for a while. So that is going to change.

Inside Mibba
As I mentioned before, I have been on Mibba for about a year now. In the second half of the year I didn’t really update as much due to lack of time. I was a part of Mibba’s Magazine Staff for a while and I greatly enjoyed that because I was able to truly become a part of the Mibba community and get to know a lot of fun Mibbians. But I had to give it up because of lack of time and because I wanted to focus what little time I had on my stories. Well now I want to get involved on Mibba even more. I want to focus more on my writing overall as well.

On Mibba, I want to post more blogs. I don’t have very many, and I want to kind of do my own blog/column sort of thing for people to follow (details will come later when I begin to plan it out). I also want to update my stories more and maybe finally finish one! And I want to read more stories and comment and stuff. I have so many stories that I’m subscribed to but I haven’t really been reading many. I want to participate in more contests because those are fun and maybe do a few cowrites (haven’t done one yet but really want to. Hit me up) and also possibly help fellow Mibbians out with anything they may need such as advise or layouts or whatever.

My main goal regarding my writing for this year is to expand it to other places on the web, to really get it out there. (I may be a chemistry major, but I will always have a love for writing. And writing can be used in all aspects of life.) I want to join more writing communities and post things there as well. Joining different writing communities may force me to use different styles of writing. I also want to have one huge blog for people of all over to follow, not just on Mibba. And I want to read more books. I haven’t been reading a lot recently and I miss it. Then I started reading this awesome book that my dad got my mom for Christmas and it is just amazing! I forgot how enthralled in books I get when I just can’t put it down!

But yes, these are my 2014 resolutions! I hope that I am very successful in them and that they will help me change a little bit and develop my life a little more. Any comments, questions, and recs are very welcome whether as a comment on this blog or as a private message with me. And also I would love to hear other people’s resolutions! I don’t bite or judge so don’t be shy. Judgment free zone! Sharing is caring! And Happy New Year to all!
January 2nd, 2014 at 05:31am