Lone Survivor; a new view on life.

So, I went out with my boy friend, mother, dad, two brothers, and our neighbors and their son to watch The Lone Survivor. Let me say that, this movie, this true story, left me speechless with plentiful tears. I can not believe how heroic and amazing these people are, fighting for our country and fighting for us.

No one made them sign up, no one made them do this, they did it on their own. I've always respected people in the military, always. But, watching this movie tonight, really put things in a different perspective. I can tell you one thing, I will never ever ever watch this movie again. NOT because I didn't find it good, but because I refuse to believe and watch the horrors our men and women have to go through.

I've never found war movies to be a choice for me, I've never seen Saving Private Ryan or Black Hawk Down, I refused. I hated the idea of actually having to realize what actually goes on in other parts of the world. But, watching The Lone Survivor, I'm just speechless.

I know that some of the things that happened weren't entirely true, but the just of it all? Oh my god. I can not fathom what families go through, what they feel, and how the manage. I mean, are these families who lost their loves back in 2005 going to watch this movie?

To watch this and find out exactly how they died? Like, what do you do?

I just want to take a moment to thank those who fight for us, who fight for everything that we have. Without out them, I wouldn't be where I am. After watching this movie and realizing the torture and pain that they endure, I can't take life for granted. I'm going to live my life proudly and safely and live it for those who had to end their lives so soon. For anyone who's lost their lives fighting for our country.

Thank you, rest in peace beautiful fighters.
January 14th, 2014 at 04:46am