New Story // Updating schedules?? // Sneak Preview

Hello lovlies!

Yes, I'm well aware that I should've used one / in my title but IDGAF. Anyway, I'm starting this new story called Southern Comfort. It's a TWD (The Walking Dead) story, so guess who it's going to be about? DARYL DIXON bitches! I'm not going to post it just yet, it's a work-in profess kind of story, made to relieve my stress and get rid of writer's block (it's doing its job BTW). All right, so it'll be posted here as well as TWD fan fiction website (VeiledPrincess), plus fanfiction.net (GuardianAngel45). I'm going to post the summary in here at the end and an excerpt from the two chapters I have together and edited so far let me know if you'll be interested in reading it. Feedback is always welcomed by me! (Just saying.)

EDIT: I'm using the comics and TV show BTW. I might just ask for OCs from you guys!

---------------------------------------------------

Updating is a bitch I'm sure every one's known about. My schedule makes it hard for me to update because I'm constantly doing something for someone. Or I'm doing homework. Or I have writer's block. Or I just have stories I don't want to update because of the numerous stories I have posted. Maybe I'll put some of hiatus for a while, gather my mind and work something out. So I'm going to be all selective and shit and put some stories I don't feel like working on, on hiatus. If anyone who reads my stories read this then tell me which ones you'd prefer not to be on hiatus. I'd love to here from others too! (Opinions matter to me!)

---------------------------------------------------

Southern Comfort

Summary: World gone to shit, might as well quit (Hanging walker suicide note). Within a day you find yourself living in constant fear. But you can’t win this fight ("Welcome to the Family" lyrics by Avenged Sevenfold). In the heart of America has blood on their hands ("Critical Acclaim" lyrics by Avenged Sevenfold)? I guess we’ll never know ("Tangled in the Great Escape" lyrics by Pierce the Veil).

Excerpt of Chapters One:

Actually, the real question is how did the world end anyway? One minute I’m doing homework (actually I’m playing around with my compound bow) listening to music on the radio, the next there are broadcasts about staying inside and not getting bitten.
I’ve never treated Selene like a child despite her being 12. She’s a smart kid, and she understands what’s going on almost all of the time. “Savannah, where’s your father?” Mama asked me while I picked up my compound bow and a quiver of arrows, I shrugged my shoulders signaling I didn’t know. “We need your father! We can’t just leave him!” I turned to face my mother and gave her my ‘look’ the one that makes people think I’m the mother.
“We can and we will. The dumbass had it coming,” I told her and she glared at me. The apocalypse happens and now she wants to fight back? Great time to get your stubbornness back mom, keep up the good job, I thought sarcastically.

Excerpt from Chapter Two:

“Are we there yet?” Selene asked me for the fifth time in the past ten minutes. I was actually starting to get annoyed with how much she asked and I knew she only did it for the hell of it.
“No Selene, now stop asking. If anything I still have no clue where we’re going!” I tell her while looking around to make sure this area was safe before pulling to the side, turning my truck off to save gas, and taking out my map I had from the summer of my high school road trip cross-country. Nebraska was seriously starting to look nice from here, I thought in my head as I looked at the map.
January 24th, 2014 at 08:20am