Personal family things? Where I come from.

Delgado - that's her dads family name -
my Tata (grandpa) and her moms my grandma is Vieira
yea not sure why either, de Jesus is another family
name on the Portuguese side...my grandmas moms name
and Tamayo on the Mexican side (tatas moms name)
our family is from the island Madeira, of a town named Canhas
and mexican side is from Aguascalientes, mexico
Guadalajara - roma

Zapoapan (Jalisco) is the biggest settlement, so I heard, with between 60-100 families. I’ve also heard that they prefer not to be called Gitano, but rather “Hungaro" since they originally came from Hungary. There is also another group in the region, the Ludar (historically from Romania), who published "La lumea de noi: Memoria de los ludar de México" in 2001.

The first wave of Roma arrived in Mexico in the 1890s, when they came to the Americas from Hungary, Poland and Russia and mainly settled in the United States and Brazil, but also in Mexico, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Uruguay and Venezuela.

And in the period between World War I and World War II, many more Roma left Hungary for Mexico, Venezuela and other nations. But in 1931, when there was already a large community of Roma in Mexico, the immigration laws were reformed to ban them from settling in this country, after growing accusations of criminal activities.

The last major influx of Roma occurred in 1969. They came from Spain and mainly settled in the central Mexico City neighbourhood of Juárez.
February 10th, 2014 at 09:32pm