I think I'm done?

This has been long coming and to be frank, much needed.

I have been a member of Mibba now for many years, and have been producing work on here for almost all of that time. I love it - honestly, I do love it.
Recently, you'll notice that I haven't really been producing anything with any amount of consistency. Why? Because, well... I'm bored. Not in a roll your eyes back, can't be arsed with this shit, yolo sort of way, but in a "why am I doing this?" way, you know? I still like to write, I do truly, and thinking about my situation now, as I write this blog, about the amount of time and depth I have put into my unfinished stories, it seems hard in a way to put this out. But I now find myself not only with no time but with an attitude of pure morbidity, as I simply can't bring myself to write these things.

It's down to a combination of two things. The first, the most obvious, is that, simply put, I am getting older. Heck no am I "getting old", that would be daft and down right without perspective, but I am changing. I am surrounded by change. I'm finishing my exams. My tastes are changing. I'm moving to London next year. I'm an adult. I'm... an adult. That's not to say that I have grown out of writing or that writing on here is for the young, but it is to say that... well, I don't have the same routine any more. I can't spend hours writing. I'm an artist. I draw things. It's how I make my money. I love drawing. I only like writing.

The second is perhaps less obvious. I have developed some rather pleasant relationships of here, and with people who I hope to keep corresponding with. However, last year, I had stopped using this function, if only because I hadn't the time. In this process, I had allowed a friend to use my account for reading, and the correspondence he created with some Mibba members was horrifying. Truly, unforeseeably manipulative. I didn't feel I could communicate with most after this experience... and it got me in such a mess that really, the inspiration to want to use Mibba at all drained from me somewhat.

This isn't a final goodbye, I don't think. Well, perhaps it is. I don't know. I just can't envision myself here anymore. I'll be active, I guess, maybe the odd one shot, or nothing... or chapters, maybe - Who knows. But really, I think I'm done. Maybe one day I'll be back with a vengeance with a heap of new material, maybe never again. I'll be about on this profile, but with no more promises of input.
I intend soon to finally start a proper DeviantArt, and I will let you know.
All my readers, I love you, with all seriousness. This served me a lot in the past and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for reading and enjoying my content, you have no idea how much a comment means.
But for now, goodbye.
February 18th, 2014 at 12:24am