Thansgenderness

Okay. so im hella a head in my publication class so im blogging.

This is something that had come up the other day and I have been thinking about since so im putting my opinion out there.

So there is this person that i know of who was born a she, but is really a guy. And i am really proud of him for accepting that! well anyway. He had a girlfriend before he made the decision to have the gender change surgery. Well he talked to his girlfriend honestly about it and she broke up with him, and they were going out a heck of a long time. The part that is the worst about her is that she is now going out with a guy, like a guy guy from birth.

So then someone asked me what I would do if one of my girlfriends ever came out to be as being transgender, and i automatically thought about jenny and max from the L word. Well any way so thats what i have been thinking about.

Yes i am gay, i only date girls. But if one of my girlfriends came to me and said that she was a guy, i wouldnt break up with her. Part of it would really depend on how long we have been dating. If it was just a short amount of time and there wasn't a strong connection to begin with, then i would probably continue to support them as a friend but not a girlfriend.

But if a girlfriend of a long time came out to be as feeling like she is a guy i would not leave. Sure now she is going to be a guy, but that doesn't change him from the person that i had known during our entire relationship before. there is still the emotional connection there and it wouldn't matter to me if they decided to be a guy.

Now a lot of you are probably thinking then that makes me not a lesbian, i say you are wrong. It would have to be a long relationship for me to stay in it, and i would not date a transgender guy after the fact just because i didn't have the emotional connect before the change.

But yeah, there is my input on life for today. Anyone have their own inputs? Please try not to be rude, i respect you having a different opinion but dont bash me for mine.
February 21st, 2014 at 08:27pm