Really wanna be my friend?

So this uproar over the site crash has really taken off. I'm going to bite my tongue here for the most part but I will say this...... Site lags, error messages and other things have bugged me for awhile and I'd be lying if I said they didn't. Sure we've probably all complained and said, "Dujo needs to fix the site." I've said it before out of aggravation but at the same time, I'm more thankful towards Dujo than anything. Yes, it would be a horrific thing if this site were to end. Yes, it would alter people's lives. And yes, it would be great if he would fix the site completely but you know what? I am proud to have experienced this site so far and what Dujo introduced me to.

This site actually opened a door for me as a writer. I used to only write things and stories out and read them myself. Since I've been here, I've been able to share my writing and have people read it. OTHER people. It felt great to get an outside opinion and perspective other than just the voice in your head. To be able to share your love of writing with other people who understand and get it is amazing. Where else can we do everything like we can here on Mibba, even with the site errors? From what I've heard of other so called similar sites, Mibba always seems to outrank them.

I mean even in person.....I can't just walk up to my family or people at work and be like, "So what do you think about me making my latest story a slash fic?" or, "Syn Gates totally left us at a cliffhanger in that last chapter." I mean most people in my every day life don't even know what a Synyster Gates is lol. And they definitely don't know what slash is. That kind of made me remember and reflect over all the things I've learned since I joined Mibba over three years ago. I didn't know what slash was. Nor M preg or that people wrote stories using celebrities as characters. So basically fan fiction itself. Not only did I learn about types of fictions or story genres but also my writing has improved as a whole, immensely.

Basically I'm saying that Mibba has introduced me to a lot of things that have majorly enriched my life. Even if the site did come upon it 's last day, I would still cherish my time here and what it's done for my life. I thank Dujo because he helped create the tools for me to discover these things. HE had the creative idea to build a site where writers can confide in each other, share ideas and build bonds and friendships. No, I am not trying to kiss ass. I doubt he will ever read this and I don't expect any special treatment. I just appreciate him for allowing this site to exist in general.

If you feel aggravated at him that's fine. I don't look down on you for your opinions. I just personally respect Dujo despite site issues. I mean honestly, he doesn't owe us anything. He doesn't have to keep this up. He's not getting paid out the ass to run this site to my knowledge. As for me I'm not really worried about the site crashing for good. I think if it did though, Dujo would be mature enough to let us know in a Mibba wide alert. I doubt he 's the type to just throw in the towel without advance warning. However, if that did happen I think everyone should be prepared.

Maybe swapping contact info isn't a bad idea. Of course I'm already a paranoid person so all of my stories are backed up on my desk top, some on my lap top as well as flash drives. Also, my closest friends or anyone from here I care to keep close is already on my Facebook. There are some of you I want to keep talking to that aren't on my Facebook yet. If you'd like to be my friend there, lemme know. If you don't use Facebook then I can give you my email. I mean I've never really trusted one website with all the stuff I want to keep up with anyway.

I learned that the hard way from being on Myspace back in the day when it was popular and thriving. You just never know when a site could be wiped out, taking all your treasures and content with it. Please save your writing offline someplace. Save your friend's contact info. I wouldn't suggest having a freak out every time a site goes down because it will probably bounce back but be prepared in case it doesn't. These were just my PERSONAL opinions.
February 24th, 2014 at 06:39am