Fic Live Blog: Stay

So what's a live blog, you ask?
I'm doing live blogs of fics because there have been a lot of amazing ones I've read. So I'm gonna be posting my reactions as I read them because I think it'll be fun, it gives me an excuse to read these fics again and I'm also showing you that you should check out these fics as well because they're just so beautiful.

Right. So stole Aliya’s intro because I’m too drained from the feels this fic caused in me to even bother thinking of something new. And maybe because I’ve been writing nonstop since last Saturday and I’ve got like a million words to put up and it’s just not.

Right, so this lovely story is called Stay by the even more amazing bullets are hailing., AKA Aliya. We were talking about this one night and I was super excited for her to write it, and I was the first person who jumped on that story and it’s just amazing and beautiful. So, this is a live blog about this fic because of the feels. There are two chapters, so I shall separate them.

Help Me Come Back Down

-It all started with a phone call

-It always just starts with a phone call. You’re all unsuspecting and then the phone rings and stuff goes down. It’s like a rule that phone calls can’t be good when you’re in bed or relaxed or just in general unprepared.

-I’m going to call him Mystery Guy since he’s not revealed until the second chapter. MG for short because I’m lazy.

-MG, why would you put the phone that close to your bed? It’s obviously going to hurt your delicate eardrums. Silly boy. Considering who he is, though, I’m on even the list bit surprised that he thought it was a good idea. Poor lamb.

-Ah, it’s from Hayley. You better wake up, boy. You don’t not answer when the queen calls.

-She and I were close. Closer than I ever expected us to be.

-That’s just so cute and adorable and fluffy and I can’t. Like it’s too precious. You don’t even know how precious that is.

-Why can’t any guy I know be like this? Damn it.

-The fact they managed to keep in touch from their late teens despite the fact they were often separated by huge distances is so admirable. People living in the same state can’t even do that.

-The more we called each other as the years went by, the clearer the picture in my mind became and the more she felt close.

-Can we just take a moment to acknowledge how sweet MG is?

-The most fun he’s had on the road. He’s a young guy who’s touring the world with young guys and they’re traveling and trying new things and going to new places and the time he’s having the most fun is when he’s with her.

-Oh my God that’s just so cute I can’t even.

-Do you even know how many singers trip over their microphone cords? It’s sort of ridiculous. They all need to go cordless. Especially when they’re all headbanging and thinking they’re badasses and then they just go down.

-HAYLEY LIKES THAT HE IS A KLUTZ. THAT IS SO. JUST UGH.

-Hayley cries colorful tears. I changed your mind. We ended up here through stained glass eyes and colorful tears...

-That’s not the right song, I’m sorry.

-I actually have a photo of her up on my wall where she has like paint on her face and she still looks stunning so I know exactly what he means.

-APPARENTLY I AM MYSTERY GUY.

-No, I’m not. I’m sorry for that.

-IF YOU HAVEN’T SEEN HAYLEY’S BEAUTIFUL GREEN EYES LIGHT UP WHEN SHE LAUGHS, YOU JUST HAVE NOT LIVED.

-HAVE. NOT. LIVED.

-AND THEY GO SO WELL WITH HER ORANGE HAIR.

-MG should just stay on her bus. It’s not like it’s a bus of girls and it’d be all awkward. Well, no, Taylor would make it awkward but so be it.

-MG IS ONE OF HER BEST MATES.

-MATES.

-HE IS BRITISH. THAT IS NOT AN AMERICANISM.

-AND IF YOU HEAR ANY AMERICAN USE IT, YOU NEED TO SMACK THEM.

-He’s only answering the phone because she’s the one calling him. Otherwise he would have ignored the call and went back to sleep and just. How sweet is that?

-But at the same time...

-What if his mother had called?

-OH NO HAYLEY NO STILL BE ON THE LINE HE ANSWERED OKAY HE’S A BIT SLOW BUT HE ANSWERED PLEASE DO NOT HANG UP ON HIM.

-HE’S SO WORRIED.

-Oh God she’s crying...

-WHOEVER MADE HER CRY MUST BE VANQUISHED.

-WITH A STAFF.

-“YOU SHALL NOT PASS.”

-Oh God she can barely talk. Do you even know how impossible it is to do that to Hayley? She’s such a strong and independent woman. She’s put up with so much shit and now she can’t even talk and oh my poor sweet baby girl...

-WHOEVER DID THIS, THO.

-He’s never heard her cry like this before...

-OW, ALIYA. MY HEART THERE.

-He feels so helpless because he isn’t even there with her and she’s breaking down and do you even know how sad that is?

-Nothing renders a man helpless like a woman’s tears.

-SHE NEEDS HIM.

-What?

-NO YOU DON’T ASK WHAT YOU JUST SAY OKAY AND HANG UP AND PACK YOUR BAGS AND GET A MOVE ON.

-Who cares if you have to get on a plane? You’re in a band, you spend hours on planes and in buses all the time. This is old news for you.

-Psh, Tay and Jer got nothing on this MG.

-Something’s happened.

-OH NO.

-SEE TAYLOR AND JEREMY AREN’T EVEN THERE. FAT LOAD OF GOOD IT DOES YOU HAVE DEPENDABLE BAND MATES WHEN THEY AREN’T EVEN THERE TO MAKE EVERYTHING BETTER.

-No baby don’t cover your mouth don’t hold it in that only forces the tears inside to drown your heart in sorrow.

-AKA WHAT’S HAPPENING TO MINE RIGHT NOW THANK YOU ALIYA.

-OF COURSE HAYLEY DOESN’T DESERVE THIS.

-SHE’S A GODDESS.

-I’m coming.

-DAMN STRAIGHT YOU ARE. EVEN WHEN SHE’S APOLOGIZING FOR CALLING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT—FOR HIM ANYWAY—HE’S LIKE NOT EVEN GOING TO TAKE THAT. HE’S GOING TO GO SEE HER AND COMFORT HER BECAUSE HE IS A BADASS. A SUPERHERO.

-Yes, he is going to stick to his promise. All men should be like this one.

-No excuses. Just keeping his promise.

-I love how he can actually think of things to pack. I’d be that person who shows up with like, ten t-shirts and no pants because I didn’t think about what I was packing.

-I would also have forgotten a toothbrush.

-TOOK HIM LESS THAN HALF AN HOUR, NOT TO MENTION TIME THAT HAD BEEN EATEN BY THE PHONE CALL. WHAT A MAN.

-He didn’t even tell his band. Gotta love that. Not even a message.

-AND HE WENT RIGHT TO SEE HER WHEN HE LANDED. GOOD BOY.

-YES YOU HUG HER AND COMFORT HER BECAUSE THAT IS YOUR JOB.

-AND SHE’S JUST SO HAPPY HE’S THERE LIKE SHE CAN’T BELIEVE IT EVEN THOUGH HE PROMISED HE WAS COMING.

-WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

-HOW THE HELL IS CHAD GOING TO LEAVE HER?

-CHAD IS LUCKY TO HAVE HER IN THE FIRST PLACE, I CAN’T EVEN ACTUALLY BELIEVE HE IS WITH HER.

-CHAD MUST BE GAY.

-OR ASEXUAL.

-CHAD MUST NOT BE HUMAN.

-HE’S LOST HIS FUCKING MIND.

-GET THE STAFF.

Leave Me With Some Kind of Proof It’s Not a Dream

-I appreciate that he wants her to rest, but bro, if she wants to get it out, she needs to get it out. That’s up to her.

-Chad is a fucker. I hate him now.

-And this story isn’t even real life and I hate him forever now.

-SIX YEARS, YOU FUCK. YOU DIDN’T EVEN DESERVE HER FOR SIX DAYS. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?

-See, the thing is she was rebounding off of Josh Farro, and obviously she wasn’t going to make a good decision in dating someone. Much less Chad. Ugh. Chad. Chad is just... That’s even just a fucking terrible name.

-CHAD DOESN’T UNDERSTAND “FIDELITY” CLEARLY.

-SEVEN YEARS IS REALLY NOT THAT MUCH OF A DIFFERENT, YA KNOW.

-His name is Chad Gilbert. His name is two first names. That right there is the problem. People with two first names are the enemy.

-SHE WASN’T THE ONE FOR HIM? HE WAS UNDESERVING OF HER. HE IS SUCH A TWAT FACE IN THIS STORY. GAH.

-He should’ve never been with her in the first place.

-I CONCUR. ANY GUY WHO CHEATS DOESN’T DESERVE TO BE WITH AN AMAZING WOMAN SUCH AS HAYLEY NICOLE WILLIAMS.

-NO, CHAD.

-YOUR MENTALITY THAT SHE WAS JUST A “KID” DID NOT CAUSE YOU TO BECOME A NASTY, LYING, DIRTY CHEATER. YOUR NASTY, LYING, DIRTY, CHEATING SOUL DID THAT. YOU DON’T EVEN HAVE A SOUL. WHAT AM I SAYING? HAYLEY IS A BEAUTIFUL AND MATURE WOMAN.

-AND YOU, CHAD, ARE A SEWAGE SPILL.

-AND IN HER BED. WHO’S LACKING MATURITY NOW?

-Yes, MG, rip Chad’s throat out.

-RIP IT OUT AND LAUGH AS HE DIES.

-SHE WROTE A SONG FOR YOU, CHAD. YOU ARE SUCH A SHITTY PERSON. I HOPE YOU LIKE THAT DUMPSTER I AM PUTTING YOUR BODY IN.

-YOU WANT TO BORROW MY STAFF, MG?

-No, napkins will hurt her delicate swollen cheeks. Get her tissues. Preferably a silk handkerchief lightly moistened with cool water to soothe the swelling.

-We can’t all be medical experts, though, so I forgive him.

-MAYBE HE WAS RIGHT?

-HAYLES, HE IS SO IN THE WRONG HE IS THE DEFINITION OF WRONG.

-AND SOON TO BE DEAD.

-God would never punish you. God is going to punish Chad by granting me his address and MG and I shall take him on together. He won’t see it coming. We’ll even blind him to make sure he never sees it coming.

-CHAD IS AN IDIOT YES MG GOOD JOB.

-FUCKING PRICK, COULD NOT HAVE SAID IT MORE POETICALLY MYSELF.

-OH MY GOD AND THEN MG SAYS ALL THE PERFECT, RIGHT THINGS AND MAKES EVERYTHING BETTER BECAUSE HE IS THE MOST MAGICAL PERSON IN THE ENTIRE WORLD. HE IS A SUPERHERO.

-HE LOVES HER. HE LOVES HER. HE LOVES HER.

-HE WAS AWKWARD AT SEVENTEEN TOO I FEEL HIS PAIN.

-OH MY GOD AND THEN WHAT SHE SAYS WHAT SHE SAYS ABOUT THAT GIRL NEVER LETTING HIM GO. OH MY GOD THE FEELS THE FEELS BUT THEY’RE GOOD FEELS HAPPY TEARS.

-KISSKISSKISSKISSKISS.

-MG AND HAYLEY SITTING IN A TREE.

-K-I-S-S-I-N-G.

-YES I REALLY AM THAT CHILDISH.

-HE LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVES HER.

-AND SHE LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVES HIM BACK.

-And aww okay he thinks it was a dream at first. That’s how wonderful it was just to kiss her and tell her he loved her and fall asleep with her. That’s how amazing and perfect it was to him. See, now this guy right here?

-This guy right here?

-Ya’ll need to be more like this guy right here.

-IT WAS NEVER BETRAYER JOSH.

-OR CHEATING CHAD.

-OR ROBERT BUT LET’S BE HONEST HE’S NOT NEARLY GOOD ENOUGH HE’S WORSE THAN JOSH BUT NOT WORSE THAN CHAD.

-IT WAS ALWAYS JUST...

-JOSH FRANCESCHI!

-THE SUPERHERO IS SUPERJOSH!

-OH FUCK TOUR, JOSH, JUST CALL DAN UP AND TELL HIM IT NEEDS TO GO ON HOLD FOR A BIT BECAUSE HAYLEY IS SO MUCH MORE IMPORTANT THAT TOUR.


Weeeeeeell, you guys, that was the beautiful Stay by Aliya. Get your shit together and go read this amazing story before I hunt Chad down with my Gandalf staff and banish him back to the shadow.
March 1st, 2014 at 05:51pm