Creepy photos, story updates, music recommendations, etc.

I figured I’d do another “Life Updates With Jewel” blog because I’m full of it and why not.

Today I helped my friend Grace with her assignments for her black & white photography class, which was basically to shoot three rolls of film with a “surrealism” feel. We snapped a few pictures at the drive-in movie theatre down the street (which is closed for the winter) and then we moved onto the graveyard not far from there.

This is the only photo I took all afternoon:

Image

It was posted on the office building. If you can’t read the bit at the bottom, it says “$100 surcharge after these hrs.” My phone died immediately after I took the photo and kept giving me the battery thing with the plug whenever I tried to turn it back on. When I got home, it started right back up and had 50% battery, so I apologized to the ghosts for taking pictures at their cemetery.

Let’s move onto Mibba-related things, like new things I’ve posted and what I’m working on:

Three in the Morning · ft. Harry Styles of One Direction
I posted this one-shot last night and based it off the current prompt over in the One Direction Fandom Club: "Write a story about a romance that develops while both the main characters are dealing with an addiction. The addiction could be drugs, sex, porn, alcohol, gaming and so on." In the story, both my OC and Harry are battling addictions and it’s kind of a dark/weird/fucked up love story.

The Worst Kind of Wayft. Matty Healy of The 1975
This was something I’d posted before and deleted, so I opened it up again and decided to tweak it a little bit and post it about Matty. I’m going through a real 1975 phase right now so please be patient with me. This is another fucked-up love story.

Transcontinental Overloadft. One Direction
This is a group write I’m doing with some really amazing ladies! The basic premise is that the lads of One Direction are filming a new reality TV show in different countries around the world, only the ladies chosen to be their tour guides in each country don’t know it’s One Direction they’re housing. Katie has already posted the first chapter and I really hope you check it out! We’re all really excited about it.

Specifics on the General Ideaft. Matty Healy of The 1975
More Matty, another recycled one-shot, more drugs and weird romance. Are you sensing a theme yet?

I Preferred It Beforeft. Zayn Malik of One Direction
Based on a quote from Gone With the Wind, it’s another one-shot I wrote based on a prompt from the 1D Fandom Club.

Yay. Moving on.

Since I’ve been listening to a ton of new jams lately, I’ll make a short list of what I’ve been into lately and maybe you all can find something you like:

Nightmare of You by Nightmare of You
This album came out in 2006 and it’s one I revisit constantly and get something new from each time. It’s fun, catchy tunes with darker overtones, which is something most of my favorite bands and most listened-to albums have in common.
Song recommendation(s): “Why Am I Always Right?” and “In the Bathroom is Where I Want You”

The 1975 by The 1975
This shouldn’t be a surprise when you take into account my username, signature, and recently posted Matty stories, but I haven’t had such a strong love affair with a band since 2003 when I started listening to Brand New. The 1975 is another band that has very catchy, pop-oriented instrumentals behind darker lyrics. To use one of Matty’s favorite words, it’s a very endearing juxtaposition. I think everyone would really enjoy this band.
Song recommendation(s): “Robbers” and “The City”

AM by Arctic Monkeys
I really, really love this album and that’s weird for me because I’ve never been a huge Arctic Monkeys fan. I don’t really have much to say about this album because I’m pretty sure I’m the last person on earth to listen to it, but whatever. It’s good.
Song recommendation(s): “One For The Road”

That's it for now. I hope you find something you like in this mess!
March 5th, 2014 at 01:21am