R O M E ! (picture included)

Last night, I finally came back to England after my cultural visit to Rome and all I can think of to describe it is...

Wow.

It was just fab. I had never been to Italy before so going to rome was a completely new thing for me and to be fair - I think I'll want to go again! Of course, the main aim of the trip was to help us gain a better understanding of Christianity and all paths leading to God e.c.t but we also went as a time for me and my classmates to relax and chill out before our exams (turns out I have 22 exams in total... 20 fricking 2...) and a chance to actually visit Assisi, due to St Francis, which is what one of our exams in based on which is cool :)

Overall, it was awesome and if I'm being perfectly honest, I do feel more religious and its great, I guess. We were all so close and it felt great, especially when we had mass in St Peters!! I feel so honoured!

Image

We went to St Paul Outside the Wall on the first day which was pretty cool because we saw all the gorgeous artwork and statues + St Paul.

Image

This is the Pantheon, the place where Raphael and Victor Emmanuel (the first king of Italy) are buried which is quite brill,

Image

#selfie with the horse outside

Image

The good ol' Colosseum which we couldn't go inside #gutted

Image
St Peter's Square and tbh, all I could think of is "Angels and Demons was filmed here!!!" Yeh probably not what I should have been thinking but that film is so cool!

Ah I would show more but I can't be bothered so heres a link to my fb profile and all the pictures if you're interested!

March 10th, 2014 at 09:35pm