'New Me' Makeover? | Tattoo Opinions/Questions?

Hey, Mibbs!

I've been in the whole 'reinvent yourself' mood for a little bit now, and because I'm stuck waiting for my appointments, I figure what better way to pass the time than by telling you guys?

First things first, I've got a hair appointment on Tuesday that I am so thrilled about. I had some fun with my hair in high school -- doing some two-toned things and trying out the redhead thing for a while -- but my hair's been back to its natural blonde for a while now, and I'm bored as hell of it.

Soooo I'm cutting it off. Not all, though, but still. The plan is to cut it into a very harsh angled bob, one that goes from some really short layers to nearly shoulder-length at the front, and some side-swept bangs, of course. And I'm going to revert back to my two-tone ways a bit, doing a really dark ash blonde (basically brown?) for the lower layers and a pretty light ash blonde for the upper layers. And then, just for the fun of it, I want to have some steely- icy- blue streaks here and there.

And then, I'm planning on getting a tattoo! FINALLY, guys and girls, finally! It's one I've been wanting for years now, and I've finally grown the lady balls to do it. xD

I want "Sanity's left us all blind" written backwards in cursive. The only thing is, I still haven't exactly decided where. My two options are on the outside of my left forearm (like over the ulna, basically), or on the left side of my chest, under my collarbone (not on!). I really like both of these spots, and I'm trying to figure out which option is better. I mean, I'm going to be a teacher, but that doesn't seem like too huge of a consideration, since most districts don't care anymore and shirts that cover it up are always viable options anyways.

...So, yeah. Opinions?

Which spot do you think would be better? Which spot would be less painful? And then, yeah... Anyone want to tell me exactly hoe much getting a tattoo really hurt?
March 23rd, 2014 at 10:22pm