The First Time

SO I JUST WATCHED THE FIRST TIME FOR THE FIRST TIME (ha see what I did there).
For those of you who don't know, it's an American romcom starring Dylan O'Brien and Britt Robertson about two teens that were in the process of losing their virginities.

And I'm terribly ashamed of the fact that I just found out about this movie today.

WHAT EVEN.

HOW COULD THEY DO THAT.

HOW COULD THEY BRING OUT SO MUCH FEELS.

Omfg. Where have I been all my life? Where has Dylan O'Brien been all my life???

I just found out about the movie over a casual convo with my friend at lunch today, and I'm usually a bit skeptical about those kinda teen movies. You know, movies like Warm Bodies and such, bcos they're usually very cheesy and predictable BUT NOT THIS JESUS.

The First Time was soooo so so cute. Since the scene in the alley where Dave and Aubrey first met, I fell in love immediately. THAT WASN'T CHEESY AT ALL. It was normal, relatable, but unbelievably adorable. I loved how she had a boyfriend (a stupid one, that is), and how Dave was so awkward but hot. He was one of those people who's sexy but doesn't realise that he is which makes him even sexier.

"You dig me."

YES I DIG YOU. I DIG YOU DEEP.

And the fact that he was practically beating himself up for saying that. No worries babe, that was cute. And the fact that he was so good and loving to his sister. That was such a turn on. And when he brought her a box full of old, vintage magazines.

ALSO. I love how at first, Aubrey was like "oh idk what I'm gonna do. I like to make collages." I was thinking more about you know mood boards or like collages of celebrities on scrapbooks BUT NO. She made a humongous, awesome collage of an ocean wave on her wall.

And the almost-sex scene. Don't even get me started on that scene. I've never seen two people discussing what to do that were that intense. I just love how awkward they are okkkk.

And the way he leans against his car when he kisses Aubrey. Also when he surprised Aubrey at her house. ALSO when he overslept with her and spilled wine all over her carpet on the first night they met.

Now I know why people are head over heels for Dylan O'Brien. I AM TOO NOW.

Sigh. That was such a distraction.

Oh this is dangerous.
April 2nd, 2014 at 01:02pm