Gestational Diabetes - 8 Weeks - Pregnancy Update (general complaints and loves)

So, I failed my first glucose test last week on Friday. I had to go back today and do what was supposed to be a three hour and ended up being a four hour. They took blood four times, today. Once on my right arm, in the same spot that they usually do. The reason why that hurt so bad, today, though was because they used that same spot last week and then a week or so before when I had my glucose and CT scan.
I asked if they'd use my left arm for the remaining three times and they did...but in the same spot. So, as you can imagine, it's pretty sore.
However, I have today and tomorrow off of work. I'll have a day to try and cope.

A lot of why they pushed for the second one, aside from not passing the first, is because in the month or so that I've worked at Walmart...I've almost passed out twice at my register. The first time, I was able to continue working. The last time, though, it hit me hard. I ended up trying to run to the bathroom, I say try because I was really dizzy, because I thought I was going to get sick. One of my managers went in with me and tried to help calm me down. She got me some paper towel, wet it down, and put it on the back of my neck. I lost it in front of her (bawled my eyes out). She got me some water and about 15-20 minutes later, I tried to go back to my register. After three or four customers, I started feeling dizzy again and I was having trouble keeping it together. I called over a manager and let them know that I couldn't handle it. They sent me home.

My managers really do care, believe it or not. If it were just as a normal thing, without me being pregnant, they wouldn't worry as much but still would some. But, seeing as I'm pregnant and not far from it being over, they keep a close eye on me.
I consider myself lucky that I have them as managers.
There are 3-4 of us cashiers that are pregnant. One works back in electronics, and we do talk a lot, but the rest of us are in the front line.
Well, I'm almost through the pregnancy!
I have 8 weeks left, if Erin is here by the 36 week mark, which will be around the original due date of June 2nd.
If she is here by the 40 week mark, that will have her at the current due date of June 28th.
Either way, I'm excited and so is my husband. We both are so ready to hold our baby girl, it's not even funny.
Loves:
I get to feel Erin kick and move a lot, now. It's a wonderful feeling.
I'm about to do some MAJOR nesting, again. I let the room go to crap and it is going to be a fun day to fix it. And I really do mean FUN. I love doing it and it makes for a good day of jamming out when I get to!
Kenny is being very loving and supportive for me. Yes, he has been clear through this. But what I'm trying to say is that he's being even more so now and is trying even harder to be patient with me as well. He holds me close at night or lets me hold onto him and it really does help...a LOT.

Hates:
I've been having trouble sleeping and I have been having really bad night mares. Kenny tries to comfort me, but it doesn't always help.
Though I've been adjusting, my feet are still killing me at work. I wonder if they've swollen at all. I doubt it but it might explain why they get so sore. As a cashier, they have us pretty much in one spot for 90% of the day. And, believe it or not, that is much worse on your feet and back than walking around.
April 10th, 2014 at 03:43am