Keeping You Guys in the Loop

It’s that time again when I update you on my life and also my writing.

Let’s start with my life. As of last week, I started as a TEAM Lead at Knotts Berry Farm. It’s only been a week, but I’m still nervous. Everyone at work was very happy for me. Some were surprised. I didn’t tell many people I was being considered for the promotion because I didn’t want to brag about it. Even though I should because I worked my butt off during the holidays.

It was slow for a couple of months, so I was struggling with bills which hurt my writing. I can’t concentrate on writing when I have due bills hanging over my head. But each check is getting better. I barely did my taxes, like I did them this morning. I’m not going to get back much, but I’m not paying anything either. I prefer not to pay than have loads of money. Ha.

My nieces are the love of my life and there is a third on the way, but it’s a boy! My little brother finally got his little boy. He’s due around August. I don’t think I’ll have my own children considering I’ll have three to look after.

I really plan to get my shit together and stop taking one class per semester. I hate having a morning class and only that class because I get lazy and don’t go to it. Also, don’t take an art class unless you know you’ll have money to buy ALL of the supplies. I did a horrible mistake by taking an art class during slow season at work. Next semester I plan to take at least two classes. I cannot let work with my mom get in the way or my actual work. I just can’t keep going like this.

I’ve been given an amazing opportunity with my work permit. I should not let it go to waste!

Now it’s about my writing.

As you know I started a story called: Too Busy Being Yours. It is a vampire story with Avenged Sevenfold. I was in the mood for vampires and supernatural. It’s definitely something I’m proud of. I would appreciate if you checked it out and let me know your thoughts.

I have revamped the story My Heart Your Hands. I have left the oneshot alone, but I am going to re-do the story. It is now called Don’t Believe. It’s with new portrayers, but the plot is around the same as the other story. But it will be slightly different because I don’t want to repeat myself.

Maybe This Time will be written only by me from now on. It’ll be hard because it’s been so long since I’ve written a chapter for it, but I’m sure I’ll get through it.

I think that’s all I have for you guys today. I know Mibba is going through some changes. I’ve read blogs about stuff. One of the biggest changes I’ve seen is the lack of feedback. Not just for my own stories, but for others. I see tons of readers, but only five or seven comment back. It’s understandable it’s easier to hit the recommend button, but remember that leaving a comment will always bring a smile to the reader’s face. It encourages them.

It doesn’t have to be a detailed respond, but if that’s what you do, then okay. But also a “this chapter was so great. My favorite scene was ‘blah blah blah’ and I hope you update soon” will go a long way. I will also do my best to leave comments to the stories I leave.

Have a happy Easter, if you celebrate. Now I have to go get ready for work.

BYEEEEEEEEEEEE.
April 16th, 2014 at 10:19pm