So I Went to the LA K-Pop Music Festival. Mmmhmmm (Be Jealous).

AND IT WAS AWESOME. LIKE I'M STILL ON CLOUD NINE AND IT'S ALREADY BEEN LIKE A WEEK AND A HALF SINCE IT ENDED.

Before we get into anything though, I'd just like to say that this event was horribly planned and I'm not saying it to be mean or anything, but it just WAS. Ticketmaster was giving out the free tickets on March 29th, but it was supposed to be a 2 ticket max for one billing address. They gave out more than that I believe. Then, they corrected themselves and canceled the tickets, but didn't bother to put them up on the site again. Then, people were contacting KBS asking if they'd hand them out or if Ticketmaster would put them back up, but then they both started saying it was the other's responsibility. It was just a total mess, ya know? Sorry, I just wanted to vent about that.

So this is pretty much going to be an in-depth blog about my entire day on April 12th. It's going to start from when I get up to when I eventually go to bed. I just love retelling this story and so that's why, I can understand if you wanna skip me blabbing and just scroll down, but I hope you'll read everything since I'm taking the time to type it out, but it's up to you. Image

So, I woke up, but oddly enough, I wasn't as excited as I thought I would be. I assume that it was because it still didn't feel real, like it felt like it was a dream, you know? I mean, I was going to my first K-pop concert and it had all these amazing artists performing there! Wouldn't that feel surreal to you, too? Anyways, so I sat in bed for a few minutes and then I started listening to a few of the artists who would be there. Listening to them kinda pumped me up and that was when it all started to really set in and make me excited.

Unfortunately, that day was also the day when my family would celebrate my Uncle's 80th birthday. He's the uncle that I'm always asking you guys to pray for and send good vibes, the one that occasionally has to go to the hospital and such. I felt horrible about it because I knew I couldn't be in both places as once, but I know my Uncle would want me to have a good time and stuff. (I feel horrible for trying to justify my not being there...) Anyways...

So, I got ready. I wasn't really sure as to what I was going to wear, but I wore one of my favorite shirts - a Teen Titans one! I don't know why I'm telling you that, but oh well. I was pumped and so I decided to share my excitement on Instagram. Image

Image

AND THEN CHAD FUTURE (SOMEONE I MENTIONED IN MY PREVIOUS BLOG) LIKED MY PICTURE!!!!! IT'S THE SECOND PICTURE HE'S LIKED ON MY IG! AND THE REASON WHY I MAKE A BIG DEAL OUT OF THIS IS BECAUSE HE'S WORKED WITH RAVI/KIM WONSHIK (check my username) AND IT'S LIKE I'M SO CLOSE TO HIM! >.<

Image

But at the time, I didn't know he had liked the picture so I was clueless until I got home!

Now, as sad as it is, most of my friends don't listen to k-pop so I'm like a lone wolf and only have you lovely people on here to gush with about it on occasion. I decided to take my friend, Maria, in the end. I know this must be boring so I'll get right to when we left.

I was at my Uncle's place wishing him a happy birthday. He cried when he saw his birthday cake and he was really touched. Maria picked me up from there and we went on our merry way. We got McDonald's because we hadn't eaten anything and I had found out before we left that Chad Future was going to have a meet and greet there at the concert and I was non-stop blabbing about it while we were in the drive through. People were giving me looks from other cars and as they were walking by, but we all know that they're just jealous that they couldn't be as happy as I was in that moment. Image

Once we got on the freeway, we were just speeding and hauling ass!

Image

BUT THEN WE HIT THAT DAMNED TRAFFIC THAT LA IS CURSED WITH.

Image

Eventually, we made it through the traffic and got back on the streets. Then after dealing with more drivers who aren't all that capable of driving correctly, we finally made it to the coliseum!!! BUT THEN ANOTHER FORM OF HELL ENSUED...

GETTING INTO THE PARKING GARAGE.

Image

Maria and I waited for about five to ten minutes before we got to the stop light. And it was SO dumb because people were going into the driveway, but then some would just be like FUCK DA POLICE and just put their car in the middle of the intersection (not that I blame them) and then when it was our side's turn to go, no one could move because we can't block the ENTIRE intersection ya know? So then we'd have to wait and wait and wait and it was horrid. Once we had managed to get to the front, the light was turning yellow, but we were both so frustrated by that point we were also like FUCK DA POLICE and YOLO that Maria just went on ahead and joined the fad of sitting in the middle of the intersection.

SHE BECAME MY HERO.

Image

Soon we were making great time and were on our way to the garage!

Image

Once we had parked and all that jazz, we made it to the gates! They had a DJ I believe, and people were crowding up against them and just screaming at the music because they didn't know what was going on. Maria and I weren't sure as to where we had to go to get into the festival part and I was kinda shitting bricks because the meet and greet with Chad was at three and it was 2:50 or something. We found the festival, waited in line, and then we got our programs! I also learned that the meet and greet was in the coliseum so I was like, NOOOOOOO! And got even more freaked out that I would miss my chance to meet Chad.

I'll go ahead and show you the program now!

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

So then Maria and I booked it out of the festival part (which was really just food stalls, merch booths, and a large stage where fans had a talent show thing going on - I was kinda hoping to learn more about Korean culture than just the food lol) and went to the nearest gate to enter the festival. The line was moving at a slow, but somewhat decent pace. Then, halfway through or so, it just stopped and they weren't letting people go through anymore. Cue me having an internal bitch fit about being kept out of the coliseum. I was being dramatic and telling Maria, "It's over, I'm never going to meet Chad."

THEN A FEW MINUTES LATER, I JUST SO HAPPEN TO LOOK UP FROM THE FLOOR AND LIFT MY HEAD FROM MY DEJECTION AND SEE A BLOND HAIRED GUY WITH MOUSE EARS WALKING TOWARDS ME. HIS FACE AND HAIR LOOK FAMILIAR, I THINK. WHERE DO I KNOW HIM FROM?

HOLY SHIT, THAT'S CHAD FUCKING FUTURE.

MY MIND STARTS GOING AT A MILLION MILES A SECOND, BUT IT'S NOT THINKING ANYTHING, IT'S JUST GOING...

Image

I CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING TO SAY. THEN WHEN HE'S LITERALLY WALKING BY ME, NO MORE THAN TWO FEET AWAY, MY MIND ACTUALLY STARTS PROCESSING WHAT'S HAPPENING. TIME FREEZES AND I THINK, WHAT SHOULD I SAY? SHOULD I SAY ANYTHING? SAYING 'HI, CHAD' SOUNDS LIKE I KNOW HIM AND THAT'D BE AWKWARD SINCE HE DOESN'T KNOW ME. WHAT WOULD I SAY AFTER THAT? WHAT DO I DO?!

Then he passed by and my heart was slowing down. I was touching Maria and was like, "Maria... Maria... that was him... that was him, Maria. That was Chad. That was Chad, Maria. Maria, that was Chad."

And then she was like, "OH MY GOD, WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY ANYTHING?!" And then she hit me for being a dipshit.

So then one of the security people says, "OUR SCANNERS ARE NO LONGER WORKING, HEAD TO GATE ONE TO ENTER THE COLISEUM!"

CHAOS ERUPTED.
THE WRATH OF THE K-POP FANGIRLS ENSUED.


... Okay, not really it was more of people gasping and turning to the right and running like cattle in a stampede towards Gate One. Maria was holding onto me and I was trail blazing through the crowd, then there was this one chick pushing someone in a wheel chair and was like, I am so sorry, but nothing is getting in the way of me and k-pop and we pushed past them too.

Then we got in and it was magical.

We got some freebies, like a Direct TV tote bag and also a Hyundai fan to keep cool, then we bought water since they took ours away at the festival and just wandered around. There was basically just food and merch and sponsor booths so it wasn't anything amazing. Once we went halfway around the stadium, we walked back.

I ended up buying a spiffy tank top (I was rather upset that they didn't have actual t-shirts - they just had tanks!) and they gave me a nifty free button too. Honestly, the real reason why I had bought it was because we were getting tired of holding our stuff so I knotted the bottom of the shirt and was going to use it as a bag. (We got the freebie tote bag after buying the shirt, so that's why.)

Image

After that, we walked a stall over to the DramaFever booth and I saw them. THE MOUSE EARS WERE BACK.

"Maria, Maria, he's back. Chad's back. He's back, Maria!"

Then we started to make our way towards him and I was freaking out on the inside.

Here's a clip of Chad with Ravi/Kim Wonshik of VIXX <3 ! It's their teaser for his new song!



Image

After he finished signing a chick's thing and taking a picture with her, he was looking around to see if anyone else wanted to meet him or something and then our eyes met and he smiled instantly and was like, "HI!" He said it so sweetly I swooned on the inside and I was like, "HI!"

He was smiling and asked, "How are you today?"

"I'm good!" And we were both just smiling at each other and I finally got words out of my mouth and asked him to sign my program and he did! There's a funny story behind it too! He asked me for my name and I told him it was Emmalee, E-M-M-A-L-E-E, so immediately he wrote it the normal way: Emily, but then he realized he wrote it wrong and was like, "Is that how you spell it?" And I was like, "It's like Emma and then Lee"

And he was like all flustered and was like, "I'm so sorry!" And he tried to fix it up! It was so cute, I just wanted to hug him really tight!! You can totally see the dot on the "i" and I love how he drew a smiley face on the burger and it's just perfect and I love it to hell!

I WILL NEVER LOVE A MCDONALD'S BURGER MORE THAN I LOVE THIS ONE. NOT EVEN THE MCRIB.

Image

Then after he signed it, I asked for a picture and Maria took one and I actually like the way it came out. I usually hate taking pictures because I come out like crap, but this one is one of my favorites! Although my hair is ultra frizzy, but whatever.

Image

Then we waited in line and they let us into the coliseum at like 5:30ish. Usually I'm like really considerate of other people and don't shove or sneak by others, but that day I was like GTFO I'M GOING TO MY SEAT AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME.

Image[/url]-->Image

WHEN WE GOT INTO THE COLISEUM AND GOT TO OUR SEATS, CNBLUE WAS FINISHING UP THEIR REHEARSAL AND I WAS LIKE, "ERMAHGERD, CNBLUE!"

Image



Unfortunately I could only record a little on my iPod and take a pic (that wasn't really all that good), BUUUUUT.....

INFINITE CAME OUT AND THEY DID A QUICK REHEARSAL!!!!

Image



Then after INFINITE came SHINee!!! BUT FOR FUCK'S SAKE! MINHO WAS ABSENT BECAUSE HE WAS BACK IN KOREA FILMING/RECORDING/DOING SOMETHING OTHER THAN BEING THERE AND IT UPSET ME GREATLY BECAUSE I WAS HOPING TO SEE HIM SINCE I HAD JUST WATCHED HIS DRAMA TO THE BEAUTIFUL YOU AND I WAS EXCITED! D;

Image
Image
Image



BUT THAT WAS IT.

Maria and I took some #Selfies. (Ignore my (left) ugly, adore Maria's (right) pretty)

Image

Then, they started showing a few music videos to pump up the crowd. SISTAR's "Give It to Me" and SHINee's "Why So Serious?"

Image
Image

Then at 7ish they started the opening ceremonies. People stood up and made speeches, sometimes people would speak in full out Korean and me, Maria, and others were left think, "WE NEED SUBTITLES."

Image

Then Lena Park sang the Star Spangled Banner (she totally owned it like omfg it was awesome) and then Jun.K of 2PM came out and sang "애국가" (Korea's anthem).

Image



BLAH BLAH BLAH
TALK TALK TALK

Taecyeon of 2PM and Yung Hwa of CNBlue were the MCs along with another person who I don't know, named Hwang Soo Kyung.

Image

Then stuff started and they had the opening for the concert. I thought it was kinda weird because it just reminded me of past trips to Vegas and stuff. XD

Image
Image



THEN THEY STARTED ANNOUNCING THE ARTISTS AND FANGIRLING ENSUED!

Image
Image

THEN I QUESTIONED WHY THE HELL I WASN'T RECORDING THIS AND DID THAT INSTEAD. NOTE THAT FROM THIS POINT ON YOU WILL HEAR ME SINGING, LAUGHING, SCREAMING BLOODY MURDER AND SO ON. I WAS SHAKING FROM EXCITEMENT AND ALSO FROM THE COLD SO YEAH, FORGIVE ME FOR BEING SO SPASTIC.



Girl's Day came out first and performed one of their new hits, "Something" and then "Expectation"! I was so happy! Expectation's my favorite song from them and I also liked Something, too! I thought it was so cute when they talked. They were like introducing Expectation like, "We hope you enjoy this next song called, Gidaehae!"

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image





After GD came Kim Tae Woo. He performed Love Rain from the OST and then sang Hotel California by The Eagles.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

After Tae Woo, came Dynamic Duo! They were awesome and really pumped everyone up! Some of these pics are kinda shaky. Again, sorry!

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image



Then the elderly man (who is INSANELY, ADORABLY OLD) came and sang a few songs. It was sad because people used his performance as break time and you could see people leaving. I felt really bad, but he gave a good performance! This was the only good picture I took of him... FACEPALM.

Image

Then Song So Hee came out with her classical songs. She was amazing. She had this powerhouse voice, but when she talked in between songs she was really soft-spoken and just so adorable. >.<

Image
Image

Then Baek Ji Young came out. I thought she was great too. The last song she sang was with Taecyeon of 2PM and they sang My Ear Candy.

Image



THEN SOMETHING AWFUL HAPPENED TO MY CAMERA. WHEN I TURNED IT ON IT WAS ASKING ME IF I WANTED TO FORMAT THE MEMORY CARD AND YOU KNOW THAT ERASES EVERYTHING SO I DIDN'T USE IT ANYMORE BECAUSE I JUST KNEW SOMETHING WOULD HAPPEN IF I TRIED TO FIX IT, YA KNOW. IT WOULD TOTALLY HAPPEN TO ME. I then had to use my iPod, but I did ask my friend to record a few songs on her own camera so I'll post them to YouTube when she gives them to me. I'll probably make a part two of this blog or something so you can see them. XD

Throughout the show, some performers would kinda unite their musical abilities and sing songs. For instance, Soyou and Hyolyn of SISTAR came out with Woo Young and Jun K of 2PM and sang If I Ain't Got You by Alicia Keys.

They're both really short clips, sorry. XD




Then another time Girl's Day came out and sang Hush! IT WAS AMAZING. I PREFERRED THEIR VERSION SO MUCH MORE.




Then SHINee and Infinite came out and performed half a song and Key and WooHyun performed Delicious together. However, since I suck at life I didn't get any of that on camera.

Then CNBlue came out and performed and they were fantastic. They started with Can't Stop and then they went into I'm Sorry. After that, Dynamic Duo came out and both artists did a crossover of sorts of Friday Night and Love. It was awesome and I wish I had gotten their collab on camera.




Then SHINee came out for a bit...



And then... SISTAR COMMANDED THE STAGE! THEY PERFORMED SONGS THAT I HAVE ON MY IPOD AND I THINK THEY WERE HONESTLY MY FAVORITE PERFORMANCE OF THE NIGHT BECAUSE OF IT! YOU CAN TOTALLY HEAR ME SINGING IN THESE AND I SOUND WORSE THAN USUAL BECAUSE OF MY SCREAMING, I'M SORRY, BUT I COULDN'T HELP IT!





After SISTAR, Lena Park came out and owned it once more. Then Kim Tae Woo came out and sand Ain't No Mountain High Enough. Sadly, I don't have anything. Then Seol Woon Do came out and performed, Girl's Day danced in the background. It was catchy and fun.

AND THEN INFINITE CAME OUT IN COSTUME AND PERFORMED AND OWNED IT! THEY DANCED PERFECTLY TO DESTINY, BE MINE, AND THE CHASER. LIKE OMFG MY OVARIES.





Then 2PM came out and sang because of my iPod dying and my camera situation, I wasn't able to record it. I wanted to save my battery for SHINee! >.<

THEN SHINEE CAME OUT AND THEY WRAPPED IT UP WITH A PRETTY BOW AND IT WAS SAD BECAUSE IT MEANT THAT WAS THE END OF THE CONCERT! AND I WAS STILL TORN UP ABOUT MINHO BEING GONE. OH MY GOD YOU CAN TOTALLY HEAR ME AND MY HORRIBLE AMERICAN KOREAN IN LUCIFER. SORRY, SORRY, SORRY!




After that, all the performers came together and sang a goodbye song and they bowed and people were let out. Maria and I tried to head to the stage, but because people don't know how to put one foot in front of the other it was too late. It was like 11 or so when it was all over, when we headed to the car some guy was handing out B.A.P things to advertise for the concert that was held yesterday and I was like cool, another thing to remember today by.

Image

GETTING OUT OF THE PARKING GARAGE WAS AN ABSOLUTE HELL. We were in an underground garage and on the bottom floor so it took us an hour and a fucking half to get out and reach the surface. It was horrible and everyone was getting pissed off. They were honking their horns and I got so pissed off about it that I seriously poked my head out of the window and told them to shut the fuck up. No joke. Then Maria and I sat in the car and sang songs on my iPod using it's last 20% of battery. The funniest part was when we were singing along to Frozen. Oh my god, that was hilarious. XD

But that was my day. And it was awesome. :D
April 23rd, 2014 at 08:39pm