The Concert Was Super Amazing!!

THE MEMPHIS IN MAY CONCERT WAS SO AWESOME!!

So, it was really hot outside, like in the 90s, and we were outside all day, because we got there at noon and Sevenfold didn't go on stage until nine at night. But we got to see a lot of other awesome bands, so that was cool. I'm super burnt from all the sun exposure, though.

The first band came on stage at 2:20, and they were called Surrender the Fall. I'd never heard of them before, but it wasn't too crowded, so my friends and I stood and watched them, and I'm glad we did! They were very energetic and interacted with the crowd, and their songs were pretty good, too. And their lead guitarist was cute O.O here's a picture my friend Alex took of them on stage. I think this is their singer and either the rhythm guitarist or bass player.

Image

Next was Black Stone Cherry. My friend Alex's boyfriend Tyler wanted to see them, so we stood around to watch them as well. They were also really good! They were all over the stage, especially one of their guitar players. They even had the audience sing entire verses with them, and I really wish I knew the words to some of their songs. But I'd never even heard of them before yesterday. But they've definitely made a fan out of me! Unfortunately we didn't get any pictures of them, so I don't have any to show.

After Black Stone Cherry was Anthrax. I'd heard of them, but never really listened to them. And it was hard to listen to them at the concert because a circle pit literally started like right next to us and we kept getting slammed around. Tyler had to stand to the side of us to shove guys away so that me and Alex didn't get shoved to the ground. And these other really nice guys next to us helped keep us from falling too, which was cool. I had to elbow somebody at one point because he kept slamming into me, and I thew a beer bottle into the pit at one point, too. But the best part was this guy in the circle pit wearing a horse mask. The singer of Anthrax even saw it and was talking to the guy. Alex got a picture of him, too.

Image
(it's not super good, but they were constantly moving)

I'm pretty sure Seether was after Anthrax and I actually knew most of their songs, so it was great. I even caught a drumstick that their drummer tossed into the crowd! Super excited about that since I didn't get anything from Sevenfold. The only thing I didn't like about Seether was that they switched guitars/basses between every song and they weren't too energetic and interactive. But they still put on an amazing performance.

And last but certainly not least...AVENGED SEVENFOLD. This was my second time seeing them live, and they only got better! I was in the second row, so Alex gave me her phone to take pictures, since my died literally right as Avenged was walking on stage. I was unhappy about that, to say the least. But oh my God, their set list was the best. I don't think they could've chosen a better one. It was mostly newer songs, but they also played one from City of Evil and their self-titled album. During Bat Country when Matt sang the line "I'll make a beast out of myself...gets rid of all the pain of being a man..." Johnny reached down and cupped his crotch and I about died. I also got a video of him putting bunny ears behind Zacky and Brian while they played. That man was the funniest part of the whole concert. And I'm pretty sure he winked at me, or at least in my direction. I'm a Zacky girl, but I can't really deny that Johnny is a good looking man ;D

Johnny and Zacky were super hard to get pictures of, because they NEVER STOOD STILL. Brian was the easiest to get pictures of, because he stood on the middle riser during his solos and hardly moved at all. Sadly, I couldn't get any pictures of Arin because I couldn't even see him behind his drumset. I have way too many pictures to post them all here, but I'll post a few of my favorites.

Image
Image
I saw the skeleton king being set up way earlier during the concert and I was jumping up and down with excitement!
Image
Image
This was one of the best ones I took :)
Image
Rare un-blurry picture of Johnny
Image
Image
Image
Brian's face xD
Image
Image
Image
Image
Orgasm face xD (I can't help but think that every time I see this picture)

So...that's all I'm gonna put on here, cause I don't this blog to get deleted for having too many pictures ahaha.
May 6th, 2014 at 01:48am