I've Been Nicely Tagged.

Simply because I was "SPECIFICALLY TAGGED aka [PEER PRESSURED] aka [begged to] do it." Because - c'mon - [Fae was] "asking nicely."

Image

1. How old were you when you started to write? What did you write about?
Around second grade, due to the fact that my teacher made us write stories. I couldn't even tell you what they were about. I just know that it isn't something that I'd want to flaunt and brag about.

2. What genre(s) do you prefer to write?
Well, I can start by telling you what I don't write - fantasy. It simply isn't my forte and I can't seem to do it. But I mainly write romance, sometimes I attempt sci-fi and it blows up in my face, and I kind of perfect comedy in the sense of smart-aleck-ness.

3. Who/what inspires you to start writing?
I tend to watch a lot of movies, read, and dabble in the internet a lot. Combine all of that together plus my own little crappy morals and - boom - I become inspired.

4. Do you hand write or type?
I mostly type things, for the simple fact that I don't need my mom messing around in my room and finding a slip of paper regarding a story between two homosexual males. That ain't a thing in my house.

5. Do you have a playlist while writing?
I try to. I have several playlists that I listen to, all of them set in different moods and tones. I usually don't make a playlist for each piece of writing. What I do majority of the time is choose a playlist that I feel fits the story best. And if not, I modify it until it suits my tastes.

6. During what part of the day do you write?
I usually write during the day, whenever it's light outside. There are times that I can write at night, like now. But 99.53% of the time, I end up falling asleep.

7. Is there something you would like to improve in your writing?
Definitely knowing more about the topic. I know enough, but there are certain things in my writing that I have yet to experience, so I have to do a little research. Other than that, I just want to expand my vocabulary.

8. Is there something you would like to change in your writing?
Um. Perhaps to stop beginning sentences with conjunctions? I'd also like to be able to make my writing longer and use less dialogue to allow room for more description.

9. What are you currently working on? Who/what is it about?
I'm working on a story idea in which I've already explained in a previous blog, Unorthodox, Underneath The Skin There's A Human, The Billionaire Robbery, Louis - basically, too many because I have a bad habit of continuing stories whenever I feel like it.

10. Most valued story of yours
My most valued story of mine is Folded Paper. It's so lovely and heartbreaking and it's one of the only things I've managed to finish without hating it.

11. When did you stumble upon Mibba?
Somewhere around late seventh grade, early eighth grade - I think.

12. What was the first piece you posted on Mibba?
A story called Gray, in which I have reposted and altered slightly.

3. Do you remember how you felt when you first posted on Mibba?
Hella nervous. I even deleted after a few days because I was afraid of negative feedback.

14. First Mibba friend?
darkaly was the first person that talked to me as a friend. XXXataktoulaXXX was the first to send me my first ever friend request.

15. Do you have a few Mibba authors you would like to shout out? If so, why?
All of my Mibbian friends for being awesome, more specifically James (kopfmusik) because she writes my favorite sci-fi and I hope that if she marries, it's some kick-ass scientist, and Fae (pallid.) because she's been super nice to me, super supportive, and she occasionally puts up with my stupidity.

16. All time favorite story/poem/blog?
Fact of the Day or the Sin City Movement because every update provides me with literary oxygen.

17. Where can people find you if you aren't on Mibba?
Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr, and Snap Chat.

18. Estimate on a daily basis of how long you usually stay on Mibba.
I don't even want to know. I think I'd be ashamed of myself. Let's just say -
TOO MUCH.

19. Do you post stories, read other people's stories, or both?
Both because sometimes I get bored of reading or vice versa.

20. Give a small reason why you love Mibba.
I love the organization, the community, and the freedom of creativity. Mibba isn't perfect, I'm sure we all know that, but Mibba is a great way to spend time on the internet. And you connect with others that same the share passions.
July 5th, 2014 at 08:51am