I Am Terrible When It Comes to Activity || Motherland

Wowow first I have to say that I'm so sorry (mainly I'm saying sorry to myself tbh ahah) because of my fluctuating activity. I have a feeling that every time I try to be active, something comes up and I thwart it for myself, so there goes.

So, while I had to basically cut my Write-a-Thon in half or something (because I wanted to write 30k (when realistically I could've written more) and I wrote 15k instead...) and couldn't participate in comment-a-thon, well-- I made this sort of resolution.

Mid-summer resolutions hell yeah aha-- that I'll be active again, catch up on some stories I was reading and then do some commenting (not as part of the comment-a-thon eh) on those that I especially like. Also I've decided to start reading some new things (though I'm still rather picky like why).

Basically I want to be the good and the active member of Mibba because I love Mibba.

I'll also see to updated some of my stories (mainly The Howler and Celestial Cinder, and Mother Pearl as long as I figure out where I want it to go). I've ran into this problem and it is that. In Celestial Cinder, I'm going to have to do a lot of research, especially some physics (though I'll probs just end up avoiding them eh) and some planets and how they work and whatnot

Especially since I created aliens and I'm a bit of a freak when it comes to culture and norms and appearance and accuracy of a species that doesn't even exist.

(got sidetracked sorry)

---

Motherland is basically the only non-real life thing that kept me away from Mibba.

I have this huge problem and it's that I want to submit it but:

a) It's an AU. Like-- it's original story, but because I decided it'd be smart to decide on it a day before Camp NaNo, I used my characters, those that I actually already have and use, in that story. And since I don't want that to be their story, then it's an AU.

It'd be weird because I have characters from The Howler and Celestial Cinder there already eh (as well as some others from unpublished projects).

b) It's written in parts. So far, I think it's going to have around 4 or 5 at the very least. At 45k, I've finished part one, and this is just huge and I don't even know if I'll see it to the end even though I want to. So I have no idea how I'd even submit the monster at all, especially because Part One has six POVs, then they all disappear in Part Two and situations and POVs are entirely different and whatnot.

Idk I just suppose
that I think about two things lately and it's great and not-so-great at the same time idk

Sorry for wasting your time <33
~ Evy
July 18th, 2014 at 06:34pm