The APMAS Killed Me

WARNING: If you haven’t guess from the title already, this blog is going to be all about the AP Music Awards. Now, if you don’t want spoilers on who won, then I suggest you kindly exit this blog so I don’t give you info you don’t wanna know. But if you do wanna know who won and all that good stuff, then continue. Also, keep in mind that the pictures I post that aren’t from my Snapchat don’t belong to me. They’re all over Tumblr.

So I tried to write, but that failed miserably since I can’t focus right now. And you know why I can’t focus? All because of the APMAS and so much went on during it and did things to me, Nikko, and Rianne so I’m gonna just document my reactions.

Anyways, me and my Hayliver children have been excited for this for weeks since so many of the lovely bands we listen to were going to be there. Those bands include Paramore, Fall Out Boy, All Time Low, Bring Me the Horizon, etc. Of course, we were also excited that Hayley and Oli were going to BE IN THE SAME PLACE. BREATHING THE SAME AIR. IN CLOSE PROXIMITY TO EACH OTHER. Ahem. But I’ll get to that later. I’m gonna talk about the winners and let me say, IT WAS VERY HARD FOR ALL OF US TO CHOOSE. BECAUSE I LOVE THIS BAND AND THAT BAND AND THE OTHER BAND BUT THEY’RE ALL IN THE SAME CATEGORY AND WE CAN ONLY VOTE FOR ONE AND ONLY VOTE ONCE SO FUCK CHOICES AND GAHHHH.

Brendon Urie won best vocalist and to be honest, I do think he deserved it because he does have a nice voice. Even though I would’ve loved it if my girl Hayley won it because it’s no secret that her voice is amazing despite her jumping all over the stage and she gives me goosebumps. But congrats, Bden! Then there was best live band and Pierce the Veil won that and for that I voted for Twenty One Pilots but once again, nothing against the winners. They’re just as talented! But still, would’ve loved to have Twenty One Pilots win. Pierce the Veil also got awards for Jaime winning best bassist and Mike winning best drummer. Like I said, didn’t vote for them (voted for Jeremy Davis and Joshua Dun respectively), but there’s no denying they got skills! Congrats, guys. I just know Shay was happy about Jaime haha. Bring Me the Horizon won best international band and like PTV was presenting that while all I could say was, “WHY DIDN’T THEY HAVE PARAMORE PRESENT IT. THAT WOULD’VE BEEN NICE.” Because you know, Hayley would’ve given it to Oli. But that meant she saw him on stage.

Instead, Paramore presented Twenty One Pilots and they were all so adorable I can’t even. That also meant Oli saw Hayley on stage. And Tyler was awesome as always and climbed UP THE STAGE AND RAPPED PERFECTLY WHILE JERSH/JOSH WAS CARRIED BY THE AUDIENCE AND PLAYED DRUMS LIKE A BADASS. SO WHY DIDN’T THEY WIN BEST LIVE BAND AGAIN. Oh well, they were amazing okay. I love them so much.

Here’s a nice Paramore and Twenty One Pilots group photo.

Image

Oh, and All Time Low won the Philanthropic award. BUT CAN WE TALK ABOUT ALL TIME LOW’S PERFORMANCE. It was so wonderful and amazing because not only was it my boys performing but also Ryan from Yellowcard came out and sang one of his songs and Jordan from New Found Glory came in and then Vic came to sing “A Love Like War” with ATL and oh my heart. I was live-snapchatting this to Rianne because she doesn’t have the channel. Alex’s biceps almost killed us and it’s a miracle we survived because damn. DAMMIT ALEX. YOU AND YOUR SWEAT AND BICEPS AND VOICE AND EYEBROWS AND UGH.

Image

Seriously, why must you do this to us.

Image

Rianne started a petition to burn those Americana pants. Don’t know where I stand on that...

Besides the Philanthropic award, they also won Song of the Year!

Image

So proud of you all. :D Even though I voted for “Still Into You” but it was hard to choose. So very hard.

But forreal, the Hayliver feels Rianne and I were getting tonight. We kept waiting for pictures. THEY WERE PROBABLY STANDING NEAR EACH OTHER. BUT COME ON. ALL THESE MUTUAL FRIENDS. Hayley’s with Chad. Chad knows Vic. Vic knows Oli. Introduce Hayley to Vic so she can also be introduced to Oli and mingle with everything. One picture, that’s all I ask. IT’S NOT THAT HARD. DO WHAT MR. FRANCESCHI FAILED TO DO.

And this is where I snapchatted Rianne tumblr pictures with captions that makes anyone doubt I have any sanity left in me. But whatevs. I mean, how can you not notice Hayley, Oli. She looked so fabulous tonight, I can’t even handle it.

Image

Her outfit. Her shoes. Her hair. Her stomach. Her legs. Her everything. When I saw this I couldn’t help but go all, “YAAS, HAYLEY. WORK IT. YAAAAAAAAAAS.”

Then here’s my weird snapchats.

Image

Like how.

Image

I MEAN LOOK AT HER.

Image

You know he was probably all “damn gurl” in his head but then he remembered he’s with Hannah so he has to keep his cool.

Image

While Hayley’s with Chad.

I have nothing against them. This is all a joke okay. Kinda. Sorta.

Image

Rianne imagined him behind Chad while somebody else had the shovel. Yes. RETURN OF THE SHOVEL.

Then I got even more weird and started analyzing their outfits.

Image

Like she’s all cute in a long gown like a queen.

Image

Then Hayley’s in her sexy badass cut-out dress like a goddess.

Opposites, right? Hahahahaha, something’s wrong with me.

Then Rianne and I went back to expressing our frustration with not seeing a picture of Hayley and Oli yet. BMTH won Album of the Year, which they deserved (once again yeah I voted for Paramore but I could only vote for one okay). Oli was the only one there to accept it and gave a speech that should’ve earned him a hug. From Hayley. They just had to take some nice picture like a selfie or something but nooo they have to be difficult and so close yet so far. Doesn’t help that the more pictures of the APMAS I found, the more crazy we got.

For example:

Image

Image

Those killed Rianne and not in the good way, apparently.

But really, that pic of Hayley strutting provides so many possible captions.

Image

Had to put this caption. #sorrynotsorry

BUT BUT BUT WAIT. I DISCOVERED SOMETHING AND IT WAS WHEN I WAS ON TWITTER. So I was just browsing and decided to look at the rest of Hayley’s tweets when I noticed something. And I thought I was being crazy, but I wasn’t and it was showing me who I follow that also follows her and what do I see?

Image

OLI. FOLLOWS. HAYLEY. ON. TWITTER. HE KNOWS SHE EXISTS. HE ACKNOWLEDGED HER EXISTENCE AND LIKE THAT MEANS SOMETHING RIGHT. THAT MEANS MAYBE THEY HUNG OUT. OR MET. Like did everyone like meet each other and decide to start following each other on Twitter. ‘Cause Tay follows her now, too. Like whoa this is doing so many things to me. Funny thing is Oli follows her but she doesn’t follow him. WELL OLI IF YOU WANT HER, TAKE A DAMN PICTURE. YOU LIKE TAKING ALL YOUR SELFIES WITH BAD LIGHTING SO TAKE ONE WITH HER. Maybe more pictures will eventually show up. But like this gives me hope, guys. This is great. We got a Hayliver moment. It’s small, but it’s a moment.

And also congrats to Fall Out Boy for winning Artist of the Year! I was a little sad that Paramore didn’t win anything, but they’re winners in my book. Hayley win’s best dressed and cutest badass female vocalist. Paramore as a whole win most adorable close-knitted band. I love the Parafamily.

One thing I hope they do different next year is have the award show inside since it’s better for the sound and they shouldn’t post the winners on Twitter before they announce it on TV. I got a few spoilers thanks to that.

I didn’t say all the categories in this blog, so if you want to find out the other categories and winners, check it out online or on their Twitter at @atlpress! This was a long awards show but omg so many bands. Our fangirl hearts need to recover. On the upside, though, Rianne and I are totally gonna write APMAS fics because this really gave us so many ideas (like we even played out some Hayliver scenarios on Snapchat). Of course, she still needs to finish her Pudd fluff and I need to still finish my Melex. Progress, what’s progress?

So yeah, that’s what happened to me during the APMAS. Rianne’s gonna post her own blog about it with like the same pictures since she screenshotted some of my snaps. Hope you enjoyed another one of my blogs that contain my crazy thoughts. If you made it through the whole thing, I praise you and hope I didn’t scare you off.

Okay, I gotta go to bed. It’s 3 AM and I should probably get some sleep so I can finally focus and gt back to writing. Goodnight, guys!

Deuces.
July 22nd, 2014 at 12:06pm