Recommendation Blog || An Open Apology to "piercethevie"

So I want to express a few of my favorite authors that I’ve seen on this sight. I’ve kind of done done of these things in the past, but it sucked. I want to make a new one to tell these writer that even though I may be quiet and lurking sometimes, I really like their stuff and why. So here it goes (in no particular order):

heroes.
I seriously don’t know what to say about this girl. Her writing is so superb. I just cannot say enough great things about it. She writes mainly fan-fiction, and I’m no stranger to subscribing to a lot of her stories (open invitation to go check them out). Her writing is a testament to her growth as a writer. I’m currently subscribed to Ryro and Gaskank, which is a Ryan Ross / Alex Gaskarth pairing (I seriously cannot get enough of); and Set Into Motion, which can appeal to Kellic, Jalex, and murder fanatics. There are others, as well as quite a few that I have read; x (this will kill your feels); x (I still haven’t recovered from this); and x. So go have a look at some of her stuff. She’s just… she’s a writer in the purest form of the word.

jealousminds.
I can’t remember how I found her stories, to be honest. It must have been last summer when I saw her story Apartment 3B in the stories section at one in the morning. From there, I’ve just been sneakily reading her stories. She writes Kellic and I just can’t get enough. I’m subscribed to For Your Entertainment, which I simply cannot sum up very well at all, so go check it out; and More Like a Movie, a college-Kellic. Again, I cannot begin to describe the writing you will see. To me, it is fantastically done. There are a few others you can check out; x, x (feels overload, made me cry while I sat in my Physics class), and x (may I say you ruined me with this?). But don’t limit yourself to these stories, go check them all out, because you will not be disappointed. She has a few Kellic cowrites x and x with swskellicptv (I’m sorry if I mangled your username) who is also a great writer you can check out.

FearTheMotionless
I found Sasha’s work when I started reading Aiden last year, which is about a schizophrenic. I absolutely fell in love with her style of writing. She writes shorter chapters, but really knows how to pack a punch with those words. I feel like it could almost be poetic, how writing fewer words can paint a better picture than 3,000 words. Maybe because more words can make your plotline convoluted, but not in her stories. She writes anything from original to fan fiction. I’m currently having my mind blown by subscribing to The Conductor, a Tyler Carter / Michael Bohn slash. It’s definitely one of the darker stories she’s written, but I love her style, as I’ve stated before. It’s one that can’t really be described, honestly. It’s somewhere between edgy and totally mad (all good things). It’s great to see the way she writes, because you can see growth within the writing, even if there are short chapters. You can check out her others, as well as; x (a total mindfuck), x, and x (one of my favorites so far).
I also want to include random stories that I’ve found that I really enjoyed. So in no particular order:

Reparations on a Wonderfully Shattered Heart by silent hearts. Existential drabbles; original fiction.
The “How to Disappear” Game by myspace royalty. Anorexia / Bulimia drabbles; original fiction.
Baby and the Bone: Vol. I and Vol. II by puke. I don’t even know how to describe these; original fiction.
We’re Condemned to Death by brxndneweyes. Seriously sad fan-fiction; Jalex
The Other Side by Kellicxo. Fan-fiction; Kellic.
The Deadly Necklace by itsskinnylilslut. Broke-my-heart fan-fiction; Jalex.
The last part of this blog is really only meant for one person, but there’s nothing holding me back from apologizing publically (also because I’m not entirely sure how to feel about it).

Before I do so, this is what I’m so unsure about. It’s a comment on a story;

“I kind of feel like your plotline was a little convoluted for a little bit, with so many things happening at once; i.e, Vic, “Let Love Bleed Red”**. For a little while I was stuck with this weird feeling of not knowing where this was going, even as I read through it. But I can't say anything about it; it may come back throughout the story...? That being said, this last chapter kind of pulled it back on track for me rather abruptly; where you can see the relationship between Copeland and Tony (or the fracturing thereof).”

**These were two different instances within the story I thought to point out.

Now, I read through this comment a few dozen times, trying to sound professional, and definitely not condescending. And then I posted it. Immediately I felt terrible. I didn’t want to sound mean about it; but I feel like it was a slap in the face to the writer.

She replied a day later about how the confusion was all part of it, then thanked me for being honest with her.

A few days later, I thought to send her a PM stating that I didn’t want to tear down her writing. I never sent it, still in fear of sounding haughty.

So here I am, twenty-one days later, guilt-ridden.

I realize this can bring up the argument of people wanting constructive criticism, and then being unhappy with what is given. But that’s not what I want to do. So please don’t try to ignite that fire here.

I want to say this:

piercethevie, I am so, so freaking sorry if my comment offended you in any way, shape, or form. I didn’t want to if I did. I know you thanked me and all, but I understand how much of a bite my comment could have had. It’s been eating me up inside that my comment might have been taken in the bashing sort of way. The point of this blog is not self-righteous, nor to embarrass you. I needed this, personally, to express my regret in case you really did feel attacked.
I know this has been a very weird blog (and so long). My apologies. It was all needed.
July 29th, 2014 at 11:10pm