The Beats in My Head

The title can only mean one thing; Music. It could actually mean something completely different if I used 'on' instead of 'in'. Then it'd be like someone was beating me upside the head, but let's not get off subject. Music. That's what we're here for.

MUSIC IS LIFE.

DON'T LET ANYONE TELL YOU DIFFERENT.

Okay, it may not be life, but it's like 95.999% life. Everyone has that one song that they listen to all the time and can never get sick of. And everyone has that one band/singer(s) who they listen to no matter what.

And let's be honest, if Florida Georgia Line started dressing like the members of Twisted Sister and started singing like Glee, I'd be totally okay with it. Ed Sheeran could start singing opera and I'd get all dressed up in a fancy ball gown and be right up there in the front row crying my eyes out because his voice is one of fucking angels.

Each of us has our different music tastes. I'm not going to be like one of those people who says they have a unique taste in music because I don't. I like different kinds of music just like everyone else does. Some people don't branch out to discover more music. And that's completely fine, but I'm not one of those people. I want to find music that my grandpa listened to when he was younger and I want to know what all the hype about it was. I want to listen to that music and I want to learn new things. Old music like that, can teach you things. For instance, My Life by Billy Joel.

I don't need you to worry for me cause I'm alright
I don't want you to tell me it's time to come home
I don't care what you say anymore, this is my life
Go ahead with your own life and leave me alone

I never said you had to offer me a second chance
I never said I was a victim of circumstance
I still belong, don't get me wrong
And you can speak your mind
But not on my time


It seems almost satirical, in my opinion. "This is my life" is very obviously saying exactly what it says. We're social butterflies by nature, we do need other people, whether we like it or not.

It's a song about a friend, a very good friend. Sometimes, friends know you better than anyone else and you don't want to hear what they have to say when they tell you that you're wrong. I think he's trying to remind us of that. We may not want to hear it and we may be angry. But we have to get past that way of thinking or else we'll end up singing songs like this for the rest of our damn lives. And let's be honest, our friends are there for us no matter what, so in the end, we have to take what they say into consideration. After all, they're only trying to help. But you don't always have to take what they say and actually listen to it.

It's more then just music. It's life lessons. You just have to listen.

&&&

Now on to the fun stuff! MY music collection.

I have everything from Florida Georgia Line to Slipknot. And I'm going to make a list of my favorites.

1. Hail to the King by Avenged Sevenfold
2. Fireproof by One Direction (Currently obsessed with this song and I'm not afraid to admit it. I'm pretty sure everyone at work hates me for playing it so much.)
3. Dirt by Florida Georgia Line

Image
An all around reaction from everyone when people insult FGL.

4. Dollhouse by Melanie Martinez ('You don't hear me when I say, "Mom, please wake up. Dad's with a slut, and your son is smoking cannabis." ' Quality lyrics)
5. Kennedy Curse by The Maine
6. My Life by Billy Joel
7. Lullabies by Yuna
8. Heavy Rope by Lights
10. Ex To See by Sam Hunt
11. Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran
12. Nothing Else Matters by Metallica
13. Vanish by Christon Gray (And yes that's his name.)
14. Beware The Dog by The Griswolds
15. Crazy by Kat Dahlia (Kat Dahlia is one legit bitch.)

Yes, that's more then a few, but let's be honest, we all have more then a few favorite songs.

Okay, first of all; Florida Georgia Line. Nuff said.

WHY ARE THERE NO FGL FANS ON HERE?!

I mean, let's be serious here people. FGL is amazing, bottom line.

Image

Image

Image

Their music is heaven for my brain.

Second of all; The Griswolds.

Most of you probably haven't heard of them, but you seriously need to. Check them out on YouTube. They just released their debut album, Be Impressive on August 25th of this year. They're on tour and recently played at Buzz Beach Ball at the Sporting Park in Kansas City (which I missed because of work and had no one to go with *insert sad face here*).

Image

Image

Third; well, there is no third. All I really wanted to talk about was Florida Georgia Line and The Griswolds. And I did that, so I'm gonna go finish watching Despicable Me 2 and feel like total and complete crap.

By the way, being sick sucks.

Image
Doing this 24/7 is enough to drain someone of any and all energy they have. It has me.

Peace out, home skillets! And don't forget, music is 95.999% life.
September 13th, 2014 at 01:59am