Rant about Mikey’s part in Frerards

I absolutely love Frerards. Actually, they’re my favourite kind of stories at the moment. However, recently I’ve come to notice that they’re not very realistic...and I don’t mean things like ‘Frank and Gerard aren’t really gay’, or ‘Frank and Gerard both have girlfriends’ etc. No, what has started to irk me lately is the part Mikey plays. In most stories he doesn’t seem to care/he is pleased that his brother gets together with his friend.
Unfortunately, in reality it isn’t like that. In reality, the Mikey person threatens the Frank person that if he hooks up with the Gerard person, they won’t be friends any longer. In reality, the Gerard person cares so much about his brother’s feelings that he choses him over his crush/love.
I guess what I’m really trying to say here is that I’m disappointed and incredibly sad that it’s not like in the stories. I love Mikey’s part and how he is almost always so supportive and positive. That’s the way it should be – don’t you think?

At the moment it feels as if both the Mikey person and the Gerard person are killing me – without them even knowing.
I like Gerard and he likes me back but Mikey is against it and therefore, Gerard decided that it’d be better to forget about our feelings.
Absolutely peachy.

I’ll live...it’s just more surviving right now.

xx
September 19th, 2007 at 06:05am