Shoutout Blog!

Official shoutout here to everyone doing a candy bowl this year.

It's awesome. It's nice to see so many blogs being posted and stuff being commented on and we all feel more motivated to write more stuff when we're getting feedback. So thanks for doing that, guys. =)

Also I'm sorry I'm not doing one myself. I tried one a couple years ago and quite frankly ended up neglecting a lot of them because I got so overwhelmed with other things and kind of...fell off track with that.

This year I don't think it would be wise for me to even TRY one. I'm in my final semester of college, full time, with a very heavy homework load. My finances are really tough right now so I'm working six days a week for longer shifts than usual. I'm struggling to stay on top of the upkeep for my apartment. And once that's all said and done, most of my free time is going to be spent with my husband, because I'm lucky if I see him for a total of an hour most days since we work opposite shifts.

I just can't make that commitment.

That said, I know a lot of you are dealing with extremely busy schedules too, some of you have kids to take care of for crying out loud, and you're still offering a candy bowl because you love this community and what we do so much. So thank you for being way more awesome than I could ever aspire to be.

Also thank you to those who have agreed to give me feedback on my poems through your candy bowls. It's what I breathe for.
September 30th, 2014 at 05:44am