I Like Making Playlists

It’s really fun making playlists. I have no idea, but I just like making them and you guys have seen like two of the playlists I’ve made. The first one was the Boys Suck playlist where it had songs from my favorite female-fronted bands (Paramore, We Are the In Crowd, Hey Monday, and now Tonight Alive) that basically sing how boys suck. The second one was the Melex Playlist, where I put like all the songs that fit for Alex and Meg.

And of course, I made a Hayliver playlist. Haven’t showed you guys that one yet and one day I will. But I’m still adding songs to it. Also, I added more songs to the Melex playlist. That one actually has more songs than the Hayliver one. Well then.

BUT GUYS, HAVE YOU HEARD BRING ME THE HORIZON’S NEW SONG, “DROWN”. THEY RELEASED IT AND THE VIDEO AND I DIED A THOUSAND TIMES.


Personally, I love it. Yeah, some people have already stated they don’t like it. One comment on Tumblr about it was that it was “shitty, cliche, and disappointing” but for me, I really loved it. Sure, it’s different because Oli isn’t screaming but I like the sound and how it is instrumentally. And lyrically, tbh I can relate to it. People also wished it to be “heavier” and I don’t feel like getting into my opinion on that.

As for it being cliche, I see how some people would have some high expectations for the lyrics because of Sempiternal but I don’t really see it as disappointing. What even is cliche anymore. A lot of songs have cliche aspects but that doesn’t necessarily make them bad. Look at “Still Into You” by Paramore. I love that song to pieces and it has some cliche bits in the lyrics but the delivery makes it turn out awesome and that’s what BMTH did here. You can use a cliche and work with it and shape it into something great.

Though I probably don’t make sense because I have a bad cough and I’m not in the best condition because of all the medicine and I feel like I’m dying, BUT ANYWAY.

TL;DR Bring Me the Horizon’s new song is different, but I love it and even if parts of it seem cliche, it works.

Before you ask, yes I’m adding it to the Hayliver playlist.

Also before you ask, I’m still working on the fic and am getting back to it right now.

Deuces.
October 22nd, 2014 at 03:14am