The Lonely Observations of a College Freshman---1

So...I get bored easily, and I've realized that people leave me alone if I look busy, so, I have been keeping random observations on the strange people that I see at AB Tech Community College. I don't know if you all are interested, I just felt like writing it up.
-shrug-
Here goes.

**Waiting for Political Science.

The hallway is empty except for one other person. I watch him from underneath my lashes and when I look away, I see him look at me too. He has walked by three times. I wonder if he is lost, and I vaguely consider making a bad joke about it. Then I remember that I virtually know nothing about the campus, and I keep quiet.

I am lonely.

I have been here since 9 am and I have spoken to one person, a teacher who said my name wrong. I did not bother to correct him, I am much to used to it.

A girl marches by. She is wearing bright green cowboy boots and a short red dress. I eye her oddly.
She has cool hair.

Lost Guy, as I now call him, finally sits across from me, propped up against the opposite wall. He opens his worn bag and rifles through several binders, finally pulling out a book.

A teacher in the next classroom announces that there are five minutes left in class. I check my own watch. I have 19 minutes to wait before mine even begins.

We are joined by a kid in a really ugly shirt. Mustard yellow doesn't look good on anybody. He sits a few feet to the left of me and stares into space.

He is lonely too.

The next character to join our little party is a strange looking boy, maybe 19. He is the kind of guy that tucks in his tshirt and wears a belt, his pants pulled to his navel. He is also wearing a hat that reminds me of Indiana Jones.
He needs a haircut.
He taps his feet and looks at his oversized watch. He clicks his tongue.

He obviously did not get the, "We're A Silent Bunch Here, Okay!?" memo.

I glare. He shuts up.

Maybe I should be less intimidating. I think this over, no, he's annoying.

Lost Guy has caught the silent fight for silence and he smiles at me.

It's nice to know I'm not the only one.
September 23rd, 2007 at 03:34am