Impressions of the concert.

Today it has been one week and a half since I have been to the Adam Green gig in Mannheim, Germany. And so I feel like I have calmed down enough to make a serious and not too fan-girlish journal entry about it. Yay! Okay.
Wednesday, 19th September.
The story of rainbows, taxis and Mannheimians from the ghetto.
Vici came to my house about 6.30 PM and at 7 PM we finally left, picking up Sarah on our way. My father was soon quite annoyed by the excited and really shrill screaming and rambling of three teenage voices but he also was very understanding since this was the first gig ever we visited all three together.
We arrived at about 8 PM, standing in a queue for about two minutes and having seats in row...seven? We had a lot of time left, the gig was supposed to begin at 9PM, so we wandered around the place, searching for familiar faces as my father watched our seats, making sure nobody stole them.
By 9 PM the support artist entered stage. Everybody could see it was not The Pierces as we expected but a German woman who introduced herself as Ellen Klinghammer and played very nice songs on the piano. She played very well and she also had a great voice but looking forward to seeing Adam play, her performance although seemed kind of long. It was probably only half the time Adam played but it seemed at least twice as long. Some very disrespectful people even got up and went to the toilet and things like that. She had nice plaid trousers!
When Adam entered the stage, he instantly was like, "Fine. Where are we today? Mannheim? So what are the inhabitants called? Mannheimians?" (it is actually 'Mannheimer' but whatever =D) The crowd cheered and Adam was like, "You're all from the ghetto. So you're all real tough." And then he sang some sentences about the "Mannheimians", which ended with "They're tough." We all laughed. Did you know Adam Green has such an incredibly cute laughter? =D It wasn't the only time we laughed during those two hours. We spent most of the time laughing, to be honest. He's really funny. =D
He then told us about a wheelchair user at the concert in Potsdam ("Potsdam is practically Berlin." ) who started an argument with him and also how he got his guitar and that the "Flex" in Vienna is a gay bar. ("No, it's actually not. It's an ordinary concert hall." )
During some song he suddenly started talking to a girl in the first row, trying to make her sing with him: "It's easy. 'I'm dreaming of a taxi'. Isn't that pretty? 'I'm dreaming of a taxi'. Just sing it! 'I'm dreaming of a taxi'. Just sing it!" She refused doing so,and he discussed with her for about two minutes, which ended with her telling him "Fuck you" and him chanting "Fick dich, fick dich", which means the same in German.
In the beginning he constantly strummed the wrong chords and he always hung his head so that all his hair hung over his face (he sure had a lot of hair =D) and said "I'm sorry." The longer the gig went, the better he got and in the end he barely made any mistakes anymore.
It was a solo gig, so it was only Adam, an acoustic guitar and a piano. How very nice!
He once forgot the lyrics, but it didn't actually matter because the hall was full of drunken freaks who just continued singing along; they sang louder than Adam anyway. Who wasn't really sober as well. Loribeth joined him on stage for two (?) songs and they were so cute! They were laughing and doing a funny little dance and she had a beautiful necklace I am incredibly jealous of and she was really small (but that was maybe only compared to Adam, who seemed very very tall.) He constantly tried to kiss her and she always laughed and moved away, it was very very cute.
He disappeared backstage two times, always coming back with a new cigarette ( coming back into the smoking ban, I want to mention) and a wide grin, dancing back to his chair.

Setlist (probably not complete)
'My Shadow Tags On Behind', 'Hard To be A Girl', 'Mozzarella Swastika', 'Can You See Me', 'Gemstones', 'Computershow', 'Tropical Island' (wtf? I've never heard that before...the whole lyrics was "Tropical island, oh oh oh oh..." =D), 'Bunnyranch', '"Pretty Piano"' (this was so funny...he broke the microphone.), 'Carolina', 'Musical Ladders', 'Bartholemew', 'I Wanna Die', 'Drugs', 'We're Not Supposed To Be Lovers', 'Dance With Me', 'Emily', 'The Prince's Bed', 'Jessica', 'No Legs'.

It was so so so funny. And great. And they wrote a mean article saying he has no talent but I definitely don't agree. I've had a great time. It has been the best gig of my life.


yay photos!
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

For more pictures you can also go here and click on the pictures. It's in German, though.

One more thing. Look what I made!

Image
September 28th, 2007 at 10:08pm