Never Coming Back

Last weekend I was in Ireland with a friend. I really like that country actually. It’s kind of peaceful and rainy and it reminds me of Belgium in a sad way.

We were mainly visiting Dublin and my friend told me that she would like to live there. Actually, she wants to live anywhere that as long as it isn’t Belgium and that is what a lot of my other friends are saying as well. They say how bad it is here, like that we have a shit government and a lot of taxes and that the atmosphere isn’t cool and that it doesn’t rain champagne all the time … You know, the important features of a country.

But after all, I don’t think it’s that bad over here. We have health insurance, nothing is too expensive and my friends all do have parents that can easily afford a comfortable life style. But still the grass is greener on the other side of the road. And I understand that another country is very appealing. It is for me, too. I am going to do an internship abroad, in Berlin, as well. But I’d never say that I would never come back to Belgium, although nothing is really keeping me here, except for my lovely grandparents that can’t travel easily due to old age. But then again, I am very happy with living in Belgium, but if the grass is really greener, I might wander somewhere else. Although that wouldn’t be planned ahead.
November 15th, 2014 at 03:37pm