Final Thoughts on Reigns Over Me

I thought this might be a good place to put some final fun facts and trivia for the story!

- Mina’s original name was Stevie Hawkins.

- Luke was originally named Dan, but then I realized I had two Dans and had to change it.

- Walker is named after Johnny Walker Blue, and Lola Montez is named after the Volbeat song.

- After Mina leaves Myles in “Bittersweet Memories,” she was supposed to have a pregnancy scare to bring her back together with Myles, but I changed my mind during the planning phase.

- Speaking of planning phase changes, this story went through so many! Reigns Over Me was supposed to be named Far and Away, but I thought this title fit better

-Watch Over You and Reigns Over Me were one story, but I thought it made more sense to cut off the first ten chapters because of the time skip.

- In one version of the story, Lola was called to sing the female vocals on “Paradise City” and Mina tagged along to take pictures. That was supposed to be where Slash saw her photography and asked her to join them on tour.

- In yet another version, Steve Wood contacts Mina to ask her to be the photographer for Alter Bridge’s fall 2010 tour.

- In the original version of “Please Don’t Let It Go,” Slash, Myles, and the rest of the band were attending a Mercyfvcks show in Paris so Slash could pick up some Polaroid photos Mina took of him and his family.

- Mercyfvcks was originally named Galactic Cannibalism and was going to be an electro-punk band.

- Ash Baker and Roz Sanders, featured in “Rebel Yell,” are two characters from a co-write story that my writing partner and I are currently writing. If you’re into Avenged Sevenfold, keep an eye out for Bad Decisions!

- In the outtake “For You,” Mina is taking Myles to a drag show where Luke and Aria are performing as back up dancers.

- Mikko’s last name is Halonen, picked because it had Halo in it, like the story he first appeared in. He wasn’t supposed to make another appearance until I realized I liked his character too much to leave him behind in Spokane.

- I picked UC Santa Barbara as Mina’s college because that’s my college and I know it well enough to write it properly.

- There were plans for another installment to this series titled World on Fire, set five years after the end of Crazy Life, but I felt I had given Mina and Myles a proper send off so I’m not writing it.

- The five chapters I added to Reigns Over Me are “Architects,” “Store Bought Halo,” “Survive,” “Accidents Can Happen,” and “Battleground.”
December 26th, 2014 at 05:24am