16

You never expect it to happen; never think in a million years that something, anything, so devastating will ever happen to you. And the sad reality is that it DOES happen: to everyone, especially the people who think their invincible against fate's cruel hand.
For example, take the 16 year old girl, average in every way possible (gingery dyed hair, hazel eyes, and an impossibly cynical outlook on life) and she just so happens to meet someone who shatters her entire life in such a beautiful way that she doesn't point the finger in blame, but rather everyone else does for her. Or maybe we should look at the guy (friendly as a new born puppy but so socially screwed up) that has not one good word to be spoken about him because nobody took the time to get to know him before they all decided to damn him to the lonely life of an outcast.
Fate doesn't show mercy; mercy just doesn't exist in the cosmic universe and that's the sad reality of any person's life. Grow up, get fucked over, and decide how the pain is going to change you. To quote Gayle Forman,
"Sometimes you make choices in life and sometimes choices make you" (If I Stay).
You can make a million shit choices in your life but still be a good hearted person so long as you don't allow the pain to take control of you. The guy who is turned away by everyone never turned away a single person in need, and yet he is seen as the bad guy at very angle. While the girl who couldn't look down on the guy who tore her life in two still doesn't understand why she can't turn away or look past it without fear. The people in the their lives see them as "fools"; people who can't let go of the past. And maybe their right, but they were both so happy in the past: where fear and remorse did not dictate their every breath and tear.
16 is not an age to have everything you ever loved come crumbling down around you. 16 is not the time to contemplate doing something that cannot be undone, not even by God.
16 is not the end.
January 10th, 2015 at 04:25am