Warning: A Tad Prideful

Hello!

I feel like I really haven't been around on here much lately. Sorry for that, if you missed me. I don't know.

Anyway, there's just been a lot of stuff happening in my life and I felt like I needed to write it all down. Some bad, but mostly good for once. Ignore the bad stuff if you wish. I know I would.

Image


So I don't like the person that my best friend is anymore. And it's really really difficult to be around her anymore. She doesn't talk to me the same way - she's really condescending, won't let me talk about any of my problems, and is just really bitchy toward me. I want to cut her out of my life entirely but I can't. It's just become really stressful and makes me feel like shit all of the time.

Work really sucked today. Like I'm still new and they just kept sending people home early and there was a full hour where I was in the kitchen by myself and I just didn't know what to do. Ahhhhh.

Okay. The bitching is now over.

Anyway,
Image


I have an interview for the honors college at the school I'm going to! I'm really excited. It's next month. Only twelve people are being interviewed, so I know it's a close contest.

But the most exciting thing recently happened yesterday. My school's speech and debate club has only been around for three years, and I've been involved for all three. My first year, I didn't compete. Last year I did, but I didn't like my event, and consequently didn't do well.

This year, however, was totally different. I won first place in the event of novice oral interpretation, which meant that out of 25 participants, I had the highest placement. It also means that I am the first person from my school to ever win an event in speech and debate! Our coach made a big deal out of it, and it just felt really good.

So that's what's up. I kind of thought this blog was going to be longer. Huh. Oh well, I guess.

Goodnight everyone!
xoxo
Laura
January 19th, 2015 at 02:30am