The Year of Positivity

You know, 2015 really is off to a good start. Obviously, recovery doesn't just happen over night, right? I started off the year by finally passing my road test (only took me 5 tries, no big deal) and I had a job interview today which I think went well. I'm still on EI so even if I don't get the job, it's not like a huge deal, but a job would be nice. Now that I have my license I want to buy a car, and that's hard to do when you're only living off of EI.

I made a list of goals and I'm keeping that list in my binder. They're pretty reachable goals, and I like to look at the list like at least once a week to remind myself to keep making steps in the right direction. I also wrote "I am strong, I am amazing, I am proud, I will recover, I will fight no matter what," on a page and taped it to the wall right beside my bed so I can read it every day, to keep reminding myself. Changing your life, and becoming a better person isn't an easy thing to do. It's something you have to remind yourself to do like at least 15 times a day, but I think it's worth it in the end.

Being single is getting a lot easier, too. I don't miss my ex as much anymore. I mean, it comes in waves, but those waves are getting further apart, so it's progress. He's not mad at me anymore, and we're on friendly terms, which makes it easier for me to get over him. Just knowing that I can text him or whatever if I get lonely is nice. I don't text him, though, but I just like having the option and knowing he'll actually respond if I do.

2015 is the year of positivity and feeling good about myself (and you, too!)
January 20th, 2015 at 08:05am