"Show Them You Love Them Every Day, Not Once a Year"

...is one of the most frustrating things I hear about Valentine's Day.

Don't get me wrong, it's far better than the general bitterness and vitriol I used to hear every year. "Fuck Valentine's Day fuck romance fuck couples EVERYTHING ROMANTIC IS STUPID AND DISGUSTING AND I AM BETTER THAN YOU FOR THINKING SO" got old REALLY quickly.

But like...if you're going to say that it's meaningless to celebrate Valentine's Day because you SHOULD be showing your significant other that you love them EVERY day...then you may as well tell me not to celebrate our anniversary either. I mean, yeah, you're right, you should show them you love them every day, whenever you can. And I do. But that doesn't mean we can't celebrate Valentine's Day with a simple date just because it's fun.

I dunno, Valentine's Day is just a silly holiday, really, and I don't think it speaks poorly for my relationship that I choose to use it as an excuse for an extra date. The last couple years that concept has just been really getting on my nerves.

Rant over. Have a picture of an unbelievably fluffy puppy for your trouble.

Image

Also I just want to say I really, REALLY love my husband. Like a lot. He is the best.
February 14th, 2015 at 02:58am