A Few Thoughts on Teenage Love

These days it seems like so many kids are obsessed with having a boyfriend/girlfriend. Then when they do they say they’re in love. I just really have an issue with that. I’m 18 and have only been in one relationship, and we never saw each other because my parents didn’t like him. This was about a year ago; after a few months of dating he deemed it to be a serious relationship. He wanted to say he loved me, but honestly I didn’t love him and I knew he didn’t really love me.

I don’t mean for this to sound harsh and rude, but I just don’t think love is something that should be thrown around like that. Now there are tons of middle-schoolers in “relationships” claiming to be in love. How do they really love them? How far would they go for this person? Maybe they love them in a scene that it’s what they are capable of understating. I feel like the sanctity of love is being lost. I guess a lot could be blamed on hormones. But parents need to set them straight. I know mine have set me straight about relationships, love and all that.

Love is something that I feel like takes a while to grow and not something that should be used buy teens that’ve have been dating for a few weeks. It seems like a lot of my friends fall too hard to fast. They just obsess over a guy they just met-and I don’t mean just a little giddy- like he is the answer to everything and they love him. Right now the only people I love are my family and friends. I don’t feel like I know what the feeling of being in love is right now; I feel like it’s beyond me in a way because I’m so young. I have way too many other things to worry over now anyway. Whenever I’m ready I want it to be special and not something I’ve said to fifty other guys. Thank you.
March 7th, 2015 at 06:25am