Majestic Times at the Korea Times Music Festival

So this past weekend on Saturday, I went to the Korea Times Music Festival with my friend. The event was hosted by the Korea Times and it was just so epic. I bought my tickets as soon as I heard about it - and at that point only EXID was confirmed to be going.

So I will now tell you about the time I had and share the videos and few photos I took!

The day of... I woke up at 4:30 in the morning. I was just too excited, I guess. My sleeping pattern is kinda eternally fucked up for some reason or another. Anyways! Originally, my friend and I were going to drive to the Hollywood Bowl, but then we figured given that parking over there is STACKED parking and the fact that the price to park there is up the ass... we decided against it.

However, her mom wanted to use the car, so we were like UBER TO THE RESCUE! It was our first time using it and it wasn't half bad. We got an old Asian driver (we had our hopes set on a young hot guy Image ) and he was nice. So we got a lift to Union Station in downtown LA and then I took my first subway train to North Hollywood.

After that, we planned to get onto one of the shuttle buses to the Bowl, even though it was about a 15 minute walk up Highland Ave. Maria wanted to get the bus though, so we then had to get on it. But first... we had to find it.

We walked down the walk of fame and then asked around with a few tour guides and soon we found the place where it was supposed to be at. But the buses weren't there yet so we went to go eat and when we came back, a line was starting to form so we got in. We ended up meeting and chatting with a nice girl from Cincinnati, Ohio, and she was telling us about how she was going for Apink.

When we got to the Bowl, (IT WAS AWFUL GETTING THERE, BTW. IT TOOK US ABOUT 10 MINUTES TO GET PASSED TWO STOP LIGHTS. I mean, I expect it but it's still infuriating.) there was a shit ton of people there and it was super cramped because they only had limited space for their booths.

Nonetheless, it was good. We checked out the booths and got some free stuff. I was wearing my VIXX t-shirt that I got from K-Con and I also had my GOT7 bag, and a girl came up to me and asked me my bias in both - which is Ravi and Jackson - and then she was kind enough to tell me that the GOT7 fanclub was selling some stuff. Naturally, I hauled ass over to where I thought they were selling the stuff.

And naturally, I was late and they had run out of Jackson stuff. Image So instead, I got a Youngjae banner and a few cute photocards!

Image
Image

it says Youngjae Banhaess-eo, which translates into (roughly) Youngjae blows me away! ...I used Google Translate so that is totally probably not what it says. Image

Image

A booth that was set up was a free photobooth. So of course we took advantage of the situation. We didn't know what to do, especially since there was a screen outside the booth showing everyone what you were doing and there was a huge line of people watching it - watching you.

Still, we had fun.

Image

Once it was about 5:30, we decided to head into the Bowl. We had Super Seats, which is like smack in the middle of everything. It might not be close to the stage, but they were good seats because of the way the Bowl is. Not to mention I had a good camera so it's all good.

Image

Then when it became six, they started the opening ceremonies. They had some students from USC come and play the drums.

Image

Then they had a Taekwondo thing that was super cool. They started dancing to kpop music and it was nice!

(ALL THE VIDEOS LOOK BETTER IN HD)



Then after they sang the national anthems for the US and Korea, the MCs for the night came out - which was Hee Jun and Hani from EXID.

Image

Then Hee Jun started singing Bruno Mars's "Runaway Baby", which was pretty hilarious!



After that, Hani and Hee Jun introduced the first artist of the night, which was Bada! Holy crap... she killed it completely. She came out in a stunning golden dress, and then in her second song, she ripped it apart and was in total diva mode!

Image
Image



Then after her, IT WAS GOT7. I was shocked that they were the second people out. I mean, you'd think they'd have been in the second half of it. But whatever! Everyone went nuts! Some girls from the nosebleeds were running down the stairs to get better shots.

YOU CAN TOTALLY HEAR ME FREAKING OUT SAYING, "OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD"

AND I'M SORRY! I FREAKED OUT AND STARTED SHAKING AND DANCING IN MY SEAT SO I'M A SHIT TON OF SPASTIC.







After that, other artists came out, but it wasn't till the second half of the show where it picked up. At the beginning of the second half, EXID came out!







A little while later after a different artist, Apink came on!







FINALLY, BY THE END OF THE SHOW, THE CROWD WAS GOING NUTS BECAUSE WE ALL KNEW WHO WAS NEXT!!! TVXQ!!!!!











THEN THE CONCERT WAS OVER AND EVERYONE STARTED TO PACK UP. WE WENT THE LESS CROWDED WAY TO THE EXIT THAT WAS ALSO THE LONGER WAY AND WE HAD TO GO AROUND THE BACK.

SO THEN WE HEAR SCREAMING AND MARK FROM GOT7 IS RUNNING AROUND.

LIKE HE'S ABOUT 20 - 30 FEET AWAY FROM ME GOING INTO THE TOUR BUS AND THEN I WHIP OUT MY IPOD, BUT IT'S SO DARK THAT I COULDN'T EVEN GET HIM! (TT^TT)

THEN WE WAIT AROUND BECAUSE WHO KNOWS RIGHT? WELL, THEN APINK COMES OUT AND THEY WALK BY US AND THEN THE GUYS OF GOT7 FOLLOWED A MINUTE OR TWO AFTER! JACKSON WAS RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF ME, NO MORE THAN 3 FEET AWAY! I'M STILL ON CLOUD NINE OVER THIS!!!



THEN SECURITY STARTED SHOOING US AWAY. >.< AND THEN WE HAD TO MOVE TO ANOTHER SPOT BECAUSE FUCK THEM, I WASN'T FUCKING LEAVING. XD BUT THEN EXID CAME OUT AND THEY WENT TO THEIR BUS AND THEN SECURITY WAS REALLY GETTING PISSY AND WAS MAKING EVERYONE LEAVE SO WE HAD NO CHOICE. DX

But after that, we went home and got some food.

Still doesn't feel real, ya know?
May 4th, 2015 at 11:50pm